View Diary: Your Abbreviated Pundit Round-up (148 comments)

•  This president is a real slow learner (0+ / 0-)

I couldn't help myself.  Was browsing "other places" and came across this:

Las Vegas Mayor Oscar Goodman said during a hastily called news conference that Obama is no friend to Las Vegas and would not be welcomed here if he visits.

"I'll do everything I can to give him the boot," Goodman said. "This president is a real slow learner."

Does it mean anything?  Only that Vegas hates to lose business, but...I'll bet some of those people might answer the Palin v. Obama question "stupidly" just now.

Free speech? Yeah, I've heard of that. Have you?

by dinotrac on Wed Feb 03, 2010 at 06:09:04 AM PST

•  hardly (1+ / 0-)
      Ezekial 23 20

Palin is a joke was a joke and will be a joke with anyone other than a republican.

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - Groucho Marx

by Greg Dworkin on Wed Feb 03, 2010 at 06:18:24 AM PST

•  At the moment, one could say the same thing (0+ / 0-)

about Obama while keeping a straight face.

Oh -- And how'd you like his hand-picked Chief of Staff's sensitivity to developmentally challenged folk?

Free speech? Yeah, I've heard of that. Have you?

by dinotrac on Wed Feb 03, 2010 at 06:24:49 AM PST

•  see Obama speak with Republicans in a Q&A and (0+ / 0-)

look at his job approval and favs.

Talk to me when he's in the 30's and maybe you'll have a case.

by Greg Dworkin on Wed Feb 03, 2010 at 06:29:38 AM PST

•  Getting close with independents... (0+ / 0-)

Approval only at 41.6%.

As to party members, it's dittoheads to the left of me, dittoheads to the right.  Each party marches pretty much in lockstep, so they are hardly worth considering.

Free speech? Yeah, I've heard of that. Have you?

by dinotrac on Wed Feb 03, 2010 at 06:38:09 AM PST

•  as you know (0+ / 0-)

you are a proud memberr of the 10% true swing, because most indies actually lean one way pretty strongly, but because of poll data like this, won't call themselves party memebers.

by Greg Dworkin on Wed Feb 03, 2010 at 07:34:56 AM PST

•  I see it a little, not a lot, differently. (1+ / 0-)
                DemFromCT

True swing voters are probably only about a quarter of independents, 10% or so of total voters.

But, I believe that most independents are "sticky swing" voters, or, in the alternative smorgasbord voters, or both.

A "sticky" swing voter leans one way, but will vote the other if circumstances or candidates dictate.

A  smorgasbord voter -- and that's where I put myself -- is tougher.  By smorgasbord, I mean a voter who would align with one party on some issues and with the opposing part on others.  In my case, I am probably a lot closer to Democrats in my views on climate, health care, and gay rights than I am to Republicans, but am otherwise very conservative in my views.

Not much fun to be us, frankly.  Nobody's ever going to make us completely happy.  The best we can do is vote for whomever seems to fit the current needs best.

I take that back.  I might never voter if that were the case.  It's whomever seems to fit the need least badly.

Free speech? Yeah, I've heard of that. Have you?

by dinotrac on Wed Feb 03, 2010 at 07:48:04 AM PST

• Recommended (126)
  • Community (58)
  • 2016 (50)
  • Environment (38)
  • Elections (36)
  • Media (34)
  • Republicans (32)
  • Hillary Clinton (30)
  • Law (29)
  • Jeb Bush (28)
  • Culture (27)
  • Barack Obama (26)
  • Iraq (25)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (25)
  • Civil Rights (24)
  • Climate Change (23)
  • Labor (19)
  • Economy (19)
  • LGBT (16)
  • Health Care (15)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site