View Diary: OH-Sen: Fisher campaign tacks right (36 comments)

•  Well, instead of pondering whether she will... (1+ / 0-)
    dsc11

Why don't you donate or volunteer to help her grassroots phone bank.

She's never going to have the resources she needs if all the netroots does is ponder if she'll get them.

Paid staffer for the Jennifer Brunner Committee. Let's get Brunner elected to the U.S. Senate!

by ohdemvoter on Wed Feb 03, 2010 at 07:57:49 AM PST

•  Portman has $6 mil cash on hand (1+ / 0-)
      Olivetrue

The concern is real and legitimate. That's not to say she can't win against Portman, given the right environment, but she's going to have to do so in incremental steps and be very smart with her money, getting the most bang for the buck.

Here we are now Entertain us I feel stupid and contagious

by Scarce on Wed Feb 03, 2010 at 08:03:36 AM PST

•  Again, are you solving the problem? (2+ / 0-)
        dsc11, Olivetrue

Or are you just trying to do your best to sound like you'd fit in with the Old Media and DSCC types.

Yes, we need more resources... WHY DO YOU THINK I'M asking folks here to donate and volunteer?

So, again, I ask you... if you think she can beat Portman, what are you prepared to do to help?

by ohdemvoter on Wed Feb 03, 2010 at 08:06:23 AM PST

•  Sigh.... (1+ / 0-)
          I voted for Kodos

Read what I wrote again and get back to me when your head clears.

Here we are now Entertain us I feel stupid and contagious

by Scarce on Wed Feb 03, 2010 at 08:07:28 AM PST

•  I read what you wrote, now tell me (1+ / 0-)
            Olivetrue

Are you going to help solve the problem, or just keep writing about it?

I fail to see how that question ignores your statement.  Nor have I seen any evidence that Brunner isn't "getting the most bank for the buck."

Given that she's polling neck to neck against Rob Portman despite her fundraising disadvantage would suggest she is.  The fact that her primary opponent is having to shake up his campaign right now suggests she is.

So tell me what are you waiting for so I know when I can bother you for a donation?

by ohdemvoter on Wed Feb 03, 2010 at 08:13:32 AM PST

•  here's your answer (0+ / 0-)

After the primary.

I frankly don't feel either candidate has earned my support in the primary yet. I will happily support the winner.

Portman will have heavy support south of I-70 and will be HEAVILY supported by corporate interests who are now free to spend at will. To be honest, the fact that this is the best effort a paid staffer can come up with worries me a little.

•  Give me a break... (0+ / 0-)

Is everything I'm to write to be the "best I can come up with"?  No, and it's silly to make that the standard.

Fisher's campaign is imploding.  If you want to ignore that, fine.  But it's a mess and Jennifer Brunner is running circles around Fisher and doing it on a shoestring budget.

by ohdemvoter on Wed Feb 03, 2010 at 08:40:48 AM PST

•  Define Portman as paid-off washington insider... (4+ / 0-)

from the Bush/Cheney years.