View Diary: OH-Sen: Fisher campaign tacks right (36 comments)

•  What?!? (1+ / 0-)
    Olivetrue

You: Show me that their bragging about their new manager's connection to Landrieu
    Me:  Here's their official statement.
    You:  Show me something else that doesn't so obviously disprove my narrative.

Seriously?  The campaign is highlighting the guy's role in Landrieu and you say that's not boasting?  You honestly think that and Dodd are the only campaigns on this guy's resume?

Or you just don't like that I proved you wrong?

Paid staffer for the Jennifer Brunner Committee. Let's get Brunner elected to the U.S. Senate!

by ohdemvoter on Wed Feb 03, 2010 at 08:16:00 AM PST

•  Zealotry is not a synonym for passion (2+ / 0-)
      Adam B, I voted for Kodos

I've met Howser. He's good at what he does. Ask Brad Ellsworth.

You could have made something out of the Fisher campaign being in trouble and gained more credibility than with your diary as is.

Here we are now Entertain us I feel stupid and contagious

by Scarce on Wed Feb 03, 2010 at 08:21:29 AM PST

•  Read post... (1+ / 0-)
        Olivetrue

Again, the majority of the post is ABOUT HOW THE CAMPAIGN BEING IN TROUBLE.

Nothing like criticizing a poster for not saying something the diary actually says...

by ohdemvoter on Wed Feb 03, 2010 at 08:23:24 AM PST

•  Ugh. (1+ / 0-)
      I voted for Kodos

You're. Not. Listening.  Those are his two most recent campaigns -- and somehow, working for progressive Chris Dodd doesn't count.  (Before that, he ran Brad Ellsworth's upset win in 2006.)

Stop being a dick to the folks you're trying to persuade.

•  Look, quit being Lucy with the football with me (0+ / 0-)

And then complain about how you're persuadable.

The Fisher campaign, not me, the FISHER campaign decided what races of their new manager they wanted to highlight.  I didn't OMIT Brad Ellsworth, THEY did.

I didn't bring up Mary Landrieu, THEY did.

And then you came here and asked me what was my basis for saying they were boasting about his connection to the Landrieu race, and I said their official statement.  And per your request, I gave you a link and a blockquote.

Now, you're criticizing me because I've responded to you?

by ohdemvoter on Wed Feb 03, 2010 at 08:39:07 AM PST

•  You're making a mountain out of a piffle. (1+ / 0-)
          I voted for Kodos

They hired someone.  They mentioned his two most recent campaigns.  You claim that constitutes "boasting" about the less recent campaign and marks some ideological shift for the candidate, when there's no such evidence.

•  Fisher campaign shake up is news (1+ / 0-)
            OHknighty

Especially when he hasn't even filed his petitions, his campaign is being blasted by the Washington Post as being less than impressive, and his poll numbers are sliding while Brunner's are going up (despite her shoestring budget.)

If you want to say those things are important things to note, feel free.  I obviously disagree.

by ohdemvoter on Wed Feb 03, 2010 at 08:57:39 AM PST

•  Then focus on those things (0+ / 0-)

That's what matters.  Claiming that the hiring of someone who ran Landrieu's campaign in 2008 marks an ideological shift by the candidate has no support in the evidence thus far.

•  LOL, I owe Adam a beer... (0+ / 0-)

Look, I like your writing, and I appreciate your point, but the only reason we went down this rabbit hole is because you asked me where I got that the campaign was talking about the Landrieu connection. :)

I would have been happier to have just talked about the spin from Fisher that this isn't a bad sign, but you got my stuck talking about Landrieu and Fisher.

Perhaps I shouldn't have taken the bait.

by ohdemvoter on Wed Feb 03, 2010 at 09:02:49 AM PST

• Labor (25)
  • Environment (24)
  • Politics (23)
  • Republicans (23)
  • Barack Obama (21)
  • Police (19)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site