View Diary: They don't want us to know. Silencing voices for Human Rights (140 comments)

•  I have no idea what is going on here (4+ / 0-)
    zannie, Terra Mystica, soysauce, Conure

but he wished that

Israeli soldiers who did not refuse to invade Gaza after it was burned by chemical and conventional weapons will die or be maimed by the defending refugee population

do we agree that that is the most precise interpretation of what he said?

what did you want him to wish? that the invaders of the refugee camps who were burning neighbourhoods with chemical weapons  be greeted with flowers?

they were burning children for god's sake. poor dirty smelly malnourished Palestinian refugee children (usually called beasts by the likud loyalists)   yes, but nevertheless presumably human children.

to hell with child murderers as far as I'm concerned. even if they don't smell and are far more cultured than their victims. child murders should rot in hell.

Previously I posted under the user name palestinian professor, which is now deprecated. I now post under my late grandfather's name simone daud.

by simone daud on Sun Feb 07, 2010 at 01:12:01 AM PST

•  the wish (1+ / 0-)
      Shane Hensinger

that the soldiers would refuse their orders to deploy is an honorable one, and consistent with the human-rights activist that TomP professes to be. A wish that the soldiers "die or be maimed by the defending refugee population" is not consistent with human-rights activism. It is a wish indistinguishable from any and all other murderous wishes.

Interesting comment. Sounds like an Israeli zealot railing about suicide bombers.

•  sorry: (4+ / 0-)

the Tom under discussion here is Tom J. Not TomP.

•  I'm afraid that leftist human rights activism (8+ / 0-)

has never been to deny justice or consequences for those who commit crimes against humanity.

the israeli soldiers who killed and burned hundreds of children in gaza should rot in hell and hopefully in prison.

you are simply upset that someone has called you out about your initial ludicrous claim that Tom J wished an uncomfortable fate for invading soldiers because they are Jews.

no he did not, he wished it because they were attacking a defenceless civilian population in refugee camps and who have  faced malnutrition from the blockade for months.

by simone daud on Sun Feb 07, 2010 at 01:35:07 AM PST

•  my claim (1+ / 0-)
          Shane Hensinger

is not ludicrous. It is factual.

And I am not upset.

Tom disgusts me, in a weary sort of way. You, here, disappoint me.

•  it is ludicrous (3+ / 0-)
            zannie, capelza, soysauce

and is based on some historical argument that you've had with tom j.

and I don't give a shit if I disappoint you, you've obviously never met a leftist israeli

because had you met one you would have realized that saying person X wished Y on Jews is something that's going to be taken seriously and not something to be brushed off lightly.

by simone daud on Sun Feb 07, 2010 at 01:43:46 AM PST

•  i (2+ / 0-)
              Corwin Weber, Shane Hensinger

have no "historical argument" with Tom J. I just don't trust him. I don't think he's honest. He confirmed to me that he is what I suspected he is with the comment I linked. So since then I've ignored him. This diary, however, I knew would give him so much pleasure—being able to mash together Israelis and fascists and Zionist and Nazis—that I felt the need to speak up.

What is "obvious" to you bears no relation to the real world. My best friend of 32 years is a leftist Israeli.

•  he simply seeks to villify (0+ / 0-)

anyone who supports Palestinian rights. much like the extremists in the diary.

Yes, i support an intifada.

by Tom J on Sun Feb 07, 2010 at 07:34:07 AM PST

•  Further (3+ / 0-)
        zannie, capelza, Tom J

we have conceded that we will not compare Gaza with the Ghettos of Europe.

yet you insist on charging Tom J with anti-semitism of old Europe. because that is precisely how I read your initial misrepresentation of Tom's linked comment.

by simone daud on Sun Feb 07, 2010 at 01:38:00 AM PST

•  i have (1+ / 0-)
          Shane Hensinger

no control over how you read things. As I have no control over your continuing insistence on inscribing the falsehood that I "misrepresented" Tom's comment. Frankly, as you have now revealed that you are perfectly and proudly capable of using precisely the same sort of language as is employed by far-right Israeli zealots, I doubt that I can have any effect on you all.

•  And it is clear that (2+ / 0-)
        zannie, soysauce

you are absolutely clueless about Israeli zealots

they call for mavet le'aravim death to arabs.

I consistently call for every single war criminal to rot in hell

and I consider every one of those soldiers who went into gaza war criminals
        as I consider every one who facilitated a suicide bombing a war criminal.

they should all rot in hell and eat shit and die

by simone daud on Sun Feb 07, 2010 at 01:40:52 AM PST

•  wtf, where do i say anyone should die? (2+ / 0-)
        zannie, soysauce

Yes, i support an intifada.

by Tom J on Sun Feb 07, 2010 at 07:32:42 AM PST

•  your comment (1+ / 0-)
          Shane Hensinger

should be addressed to simone, not I. He is the one who provided the "translation," not I.

Disingenuous dullard.

•  several comments (1+ / 0-)
            zannie

not one opinion stated about the campaign against the New Israel Fund.

not surprised. you do not want to address the substance of the diary.

Yes, i support an intifada.

by Tom J on Sun Feb 07, 2010 at 09:59:53 AM PST

•  frankly i'm astonished (5+ / 0-)

this is been the biggest fight i've ever seen in israel's press between sides. every journalist and editor has put in there 2 cents worth. chazen lost her column at jpost and different columnists at different papers are choosing sides, the blogs are going apeshit, the cartoon is EVERYWHERE, australias uber zionist contingency has gotten chazens speaking engagements cancelled in australia and the blogs there are all over it.

and one post here and you get called out on statements you made a year ago in the middle of a massacre when all hell was breaking loose.

this is weird. maybe people here just don't read the israeli press. maybe cutting funds for subversive organizations like The Association for Civil Rights in Israel is no big deal to some people.

•  i actually did not say anything about (5+ / 0-)

soldiers being killed or wounded. i simply said that they should meet an uncomfortable fate.

many thousands did meet such a fate. they are spilling their stories... the horror that they witnessed, or actually participated in such actions inside Gaza. they are uncomfortable. Military leaders who led the charge are afraid to land in other countries, for fear of arrest. that is another uncomfortable fate.

You are correct that i certainly, unlike some murderous monsters we have here at Kos, wish them "success". Because i was well aware of what that implied.

Yes, i support an intifada.

by Tom J on Sun Feb 07, 2010 at 07:31:06 AM PST