View Diary: TN-09: Herenton Race-Baits...And Goofs It Up. (82 comments)

•  So, let me get this straight. (7+ / 0-)

He wants people to vote for him BECAUSE he's black.

And he thinks that's just fine with him.  No need to actually convince people he'd be GOOD at his job, just trying to appeal to people's sense of fairness and diversity to vote for the black man on priciple.

Seriously?

Curling is the shiznit!

by DawnG on Wed Feb 17, 2010 at 01:48:26 PM PST

•  It's completely unacceptable (2+ / 0-)
      DawnG, the chavi

Where is Al Sharpton when you need him? Can you imagine what would happen to a white politician who tried to do this to a Black Representative who represented a mostly white district?

"For fools rush in where angels fear to tread". -Alexnader Pope

by ArkDem14 on Wed Feb 17, 2010 at 01:51:36 PM PST

•  I'm sure he'll get right on that. (0+ / 0-)

or not.

Curling is the shiznit!

by DawnG on Wed Feb 17, 2010 at 01:56:39 PM PST

•  I'm just saying, (1+ / 0-)
          qwertyuiop

if Sharpton is truly against racism, he should be against all racism, not just when the majority race does it. He should be against these kinds of campaigns too.

"For fools rush in where angels fear to tread". -Alexnader Pope

by ArkDem14 on Wed Feb 17, 2010 at 02:01:16 PM PST

•  He's not against racism (4+ / 0-)
            DawnG, TLS66, ArkDem14, qwertyuiop

Sharpton is a racist himself. He's against white racism....and he's convinced himself and others that blacks can't be racist.

•  I went to school with a girl like that. (1+ / 0-)
              ArkDem14

she would call me all sorts of slurs and I told her one day she was a racist, and she came back with "I'm black, I can't be racist".  All the while calling me a cracker and making fun of my (unusually) pale complexion.

It's amzing what people can convince themselves of.

Curling is the shiznit!

by DawnG on Wed Feb 17, 2010 at 02:22:48 PM PST

•  Martin Luther King is turning in his grave (0+ / 0-)

...
                sigh

"For fools rush in where angels fear to tread". -Alexnader Pope

by ArkDem14 on Wed Feb 17, 2010 at 02:38:36 PM PST

•  I will often tell people... (1+ / 0-)
                  ArkDem14

..who thing religion is the source of all hatred and evil in the world, that if there wasn't religion people would just find some other way to hate others.

It's a mentality that will always find some way of being expressed.

Instead of attacking religion or race or nationality or whatever, you should be fighting the mentality itself.  That is the darkness that needs to be illuminated.

Curling is the shiznit!