Skip to main content

View Diary: Not Nuclear, Again (142 comments)

Comment Preferences

  •  Possibilities (1+ / 0-)
    Recommended by:
    Michael91

    of catastrophic human-caused climate change existing. I don't think we're sure enough about it to warrant doing things that we otherwise wouldn't do.

    Approximately 97% of the scientific community is (Doran, 2009).  You're free to disagree with the experts in the field if you want, but I wouldn't recommend it.  If 97% of cardiologists told you that you had developed a major heart murmur and would likely die if you didn't have it treated soon, and the other 3% said you were fine, would you say "The jury is still out" and ignore it?

    •  If you check back earlier in the discussion (0+ / 0-)

      Pragprogress has said he doesn't take expert opinion into account on climate science for whatever reason, so I don't think this argument is going to work. I tried using similar analogies, but to no avail.

Subscribe or Donate to support Daily Kos.

  • Recommended (156)
  • Community (66)
  • Baltimore (48)
  • Bernie Sanders (37)
  • Civil Rights (36)
  • Culture (30)
  • Elections (24)
  • Freddie Gray (23)
  • Law (22)
  • Hillary Clinton (21)
  • Economy (21)
  • Education (21)
  • Rescued (20)
  • Racism (20)
  • Texas (19)
  • Labor (19)
  • Environment (18)
  • Politics (17)
  • 2016 (16)
  • Media (16)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site