View Diary: Sell! Buy! Rebel! 'Capitalism: A Love Story' Is Out Today on DVD (...and what is up with Wal-Mart?)! (261 comments)

•  Why did someone HR the Tip Jar? (5+ / 0-)

Are they that angry at the power in truth that Michael Moore exposes in all of his documentaries?

Apparently so.

-6.13 -4.4 Where are you? Take the Test!!!

by MarciaJ720 on Tue Mar 09, 2010 at 06:27:30 AM PST

•  I think they're angry (2+ / 0-)
      tnproud2b, primarydoc

That the rec list has been transformed into a whorehouse...

BUY MY DVD!

I'm considering tossing a donut myself and in 6 years here - I bet I haven't hung more than 7 or 8 donuts.

This is a pretty shitty abuse of diaries and the rec list.

I'm sure it's great for business, though.

I guess everyone's got their own blog now.

by zonk on Tue Mar 09, 2010 at 06:54:30 AM PST

•  I guess I am one who believes that Moore's (6+ / 0-)

documentaries are too important and he needs the money to expose the next great lie that he uncovers.

I know people on the Right who refuse to watch anything from Michael Moore for fear that he MAY change their minds.  I've actually heard someone say "I don't want him to try and influence me in anyway."

-6.13 -4.4 Where are you? Take the Test!!!

by MarciaJ720 on Tue Mar 09, 2010 at 07:06:03 AM PST

•  Where's ur outrage over politicians who post here (0+ / 0-)

Next time there is a diary asking for political donations, you should call them out and say they should have to advertise.

"I can hire 1/2 the working class to kill the other" -Railroad Tycoon Jay Gould

by Johnnythebandit on Tue Mar 09, 2010 at 09:24:44 AM PST

•  I generally stay away from politician's diaries (0+ / 0-)

Except for those that stick around to engage.

If one is posted that catches my eye or has a specific topic of interest, I'll join in discussions, but rarely rec them.

I find irony amusing, but hypocrisy infuriating - this ceases to straddle the line.

Hey, the diary got enough recs to make the list -- never underestimate the power of cult following -- good for it.

Doesn't mean I can't point out how asinine I think it is that a diary which is nothing more than a "Buy my DVD" vehicle.   There's no call to action (beyond BUY MY DVD).  There's no pertinent information (except MY DVD IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE).  There's no analysis (except funny story about WHERE YOU CAN BUY MY DVD).

I guess in the end, perhaps it's not Moore I'm ticked at -- but the people that think a diary which doesn't "have a plug in it", but is nothing more THAN a plug is worthy of broader attention.

I guess everyone's got their own blog now.

by zonk on Tue Mar 09, 2010 at 09:56:47 AM PST

•  Fair point (0+ / 0-)

I like Moore's movies, but I wish he did better things with his $$. I mean he could take his profits and invest them in the kind of cooperative democratic workplaces shown in the film, but he didn't. I guess this is basically an advertising diary.

That's not to say it discredits all of the valid points he makes in his films, just saying I think he should practice what he preaches.

"I can hire 1/2 the working class to kill the other" -Railroad Tycoon Jay Gould

by Johnnythebandit on Tue Mar 09, 2010 at 10:44:45 AM PST

•  Because (1+ / 0-)
      primarydoc

Because MM has posted yet another post-and-run diary. This one trying to hawk a product.

If anyone else did that they'd be banned. But he gets a pass because he's famous, and he's "on our side."

I considered a donut, but saw that someone already had. The statement had been made.