View Diary: Capitol Hill News Open Thread : Labor / Management Relations Have a Public Option? (15 comments)

•  Notips for me, I have been very bad. (12+ / 0-)

Anyone who has the power to make you believe absurdities has the power to make you commit injustices -- François-Marie Arouet

by CA Berkeley WV on Tue Mar 23, 2010 at 08:58:50 PM PDT

•  Nonsense. This is great. (4+ / 0-)
      wader, jlms qkw, notrouble, CA Berkeley WV

Thanks for posting. I'm taking a couple hours break from teh study. Thanks for getting something up.

And dear late night readers: this series usually posts in the afternoons.

"Dad, the 'unfinished business' is done."

by Casual Wednesday on Tue Mar 23, 2010 at 09:19:27 PM PDT

•  Notice my theme of the week? (1+ / 0-)
        Casual Wednesday

I hope someone does.

Are you really up for the THIS THU LTE length piece MB wants? I am scared mute. I am not a former journalisrt. Remember KagroX asked me because some days I was the super-majority of his Today in Congress comments at DK.

I have tried twice to write a reply. The Army just jerked the Captain's finance's chain, telling her she might have to stay home.

I like the Capitol Dome picture idea because it ties into the one for Congress Matters. This Article I that the non-Texans put first is important to me, being a constituent of Sen. Byrd. I know you have a lot invested in the committee series, but "Forthwith" brings up the dreaded Motion to Recommit to my mind, and David has always been on a tear about them.

We already have
        Congress Matters : Today in Congress

How about?
        Congress Matters : Referred to Committee

by CA Berkeley WV on Tue Mar 23, 2010 at 09:39:37 PM PDT

•  We put it off for a week (2+ / 0-)
          Meteor Blades, CA Berkeley WV

I guess MB didn't email you about that. But we have another week to pull something together. Send me a message anytime if you want.

I'm thinking something simple like "Committee Monitoring Project."

I'm hoping to have a lot of volunteers and perhaps have a daily post. I think we should let optimo know as well considering all of his work on the committee schedules.

"Dad, the 'unfinished business' is done."

by Casual Wednesday on Tue Mar 23, 2010 at 10:03:09 PM PDT

•  okay but what about this series? (1+ / 0-)
            Casual Wednesday

not that you don't but I have this thing I do for shekels and it is more corporate now and just a weeny bit less flexible than a year ago. We had two guys from AutoDesk SF and Austin here today and there was serious business grownup talk going one.

KagroX is just now complaining about the Senate SBC website on twitter.

by CA Berkeley WV on Tue Mar 23, 2010 at 10:09:47 PM PDT

•  Can we get some volunteers (1+ / 0-)
              Meteor Blades

If we can get some people to volunteer (hint, hint, readers) to take some other days, I would be really happy about it.

I could see this evolving into a project like overnight news digest. It is not necessary to post all of the important news from Congress. That's why it's open source.

"Dad, the 'unfinished business' is done."

by Casual Wednesday on Tue Mar 23, 2010 at 10:26:06 PM PDT

•  and I had a very long argument with the spouse (2+ / 0-)
            Meteor Blades, Casual Wednesday

a couple of years ago that still makes the kids chuckle about time is time is time.

by CA Berkeley WV on Tue Mar 23, 2010 at 10:38:31 PM PDT

•  Sorry. I thought I have emailed you both ... (2+ / 0-)
              Casual Wednesday, CA Berkeley WV

...about the delay so that somebody can deal with school. ;)

I refuse to accept "no can do" as a proper slogan for progressives.

by Meteor Blades on Tue Mar 23, 2010 at 11:46:36 PM PDT

•  Hey, I composed a reply twice, (0+ / 0-)

never hit send, felt like WATB.

CM-staff at google groups already exists with KagroX, CasualWednesday and the Berzerk here. Want to expand that for now? That broadcasts the email.

I am very proud we have not been late on the budget since I have been there FY06, unlike Congress.

by CA Berkeley WV on Wed Mar 24, 2010 at 12:36:11 PM PDT