View Diary: Texas State Board of Education: 2010 or 1950? (212 comments)

•  Rebecca, what assistance do you need? (11+ / 0-)

There are lots of resources available to assist you on your journey to doing what is right for the children of our country.

Please, let us know.  We are at the very least, resourceful.  At the very most, extremely helpful to those that care.

In a progressive country change is constant; change is inevitable.

by funluvn1 on Sun Apr 04, 2010 at 02:58:30 PM PDT

•  give her money (0+ / 0-)

that is what the diary is for, it sure wasn't to spark a debate.

I love people looking for donations signing up, waiting their week, posting their righteous diary, and then fleeing without making a single comment (or having their handler make a single comment).

I agree with everything in this diary, just can't abide the shameful prostitution of dkos politicians looking for quick cash.

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have laid my dreams under your feet; tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. -- Yeats

by Bill O Rights on Sun Apr 04, 2010 at 03:04:28 PM PDT

•  Some don't understand the first time they post (7+ / 0-)

If it becomes a trend, then I have to agree.  I've not checked to see if this is Rebecca's first post, but I'm guessing it might be.

Hopefully she will drop in soon and it will become obvious that questions need to be answered in order to see any kind of real assistance from this group of progressives.

In a progressive country change is constant; change is inevitable.

by funluvn1 on Sun Apr 04, 2010 at 03:08:25 PM PDT

•  oh, please (9+ / 0-)

That's rather unfair - Rebecca is quite accessible - she gave us (me, Spedwybabs, MinistryOfTruth) an interview last week that provided the basis for the various things we've written, she and her campaign people are available to those who will write about the subject, they're hooking up with local grassroots organizers, etc, etc, etc.

And it's a holiday afternoon - the diary I posted today got ONE comment. And that was my tip jar.

I already know Rebecca and Judy are more interested in figuring out how to connect with the energy the netroots can bring to their campaigns and I imagine they'll convince others as the race progresses.

"Not dead ... yet. Still have ... things to do." -Liet Kynes

by Stranded Wind on Sun Apr 04, 2010 at 03:10:13 PM PDT

•  Oh Thank you! (0+ / 0-)

I was delighted with the tsunami of responses to my first post.  I can't respond to everyone, but I'm certainly willing to discuss ideas in as many posts as I can manage.  I spent all day answering people, and then throughout the week I had to live my other life.  I don't mean to appear thin-skinned, but I do believe we should place our energies here in trying to craft an intelligent, focused response to the real opponents in this debate and to craft an argument and a message for the 5% to 8% who may be persuadable in Texas.  I would like to hear ideas on that issue.

Candidate for Texas State Board of Education District 5

by RebeccaBellMetereau on Sat Apr 10, 2010 at 10:08:48 AM PDT

•  Campaign or Prostitution? (0+ / 0-)

I have made comments and replies to a number of posts.  Because I work as a professor, my primary job is teaching students.  Running for an unpaid position constitutes a second full-time job, and unfortunately it requires fund-raising.  However, the ideas behind this campaign are serious and the issue of curriculum and textbook selection in Texas is important to the entire nation.  This is the moment when people can stand up and do something or simply discuss their ideas.  I am giving up all the free time in my life for an entire year in order to right the wrong that is taking place in Texas.  It is not prostitution to ask for money to shape the education of millions of school children across the nation.

Candidate for Texas State Board of Education District 5

by RebeccaBellMetereau on Sat Apr 10, 2010 at 10:00:55 AM PDT

•  Rebecca Bell Meterau's website (6+ / 0-)

In a progressive country change is constant; change is inevitable.

by funluvn1 on Sun Apr 04, 2010 at 03:11:44 PM PDT

•  Assistance (0+ / 0-)

Please contact me through my website voterebecca.com, and we'll be delighted to have your help.

Candidate for Texas State Board of Education District 5