View Diary: Alan Grayson Rips the 'Liar' Alan Greenspan a New One (233 comments)

•  This is a great diary! (22+ / 0-)

What these people have done and are obfuscating is simply outrageous.  It won't change, they say they're "sorry".  Yeah, sorry that they stole all our money and are complaining about it nwhile they got disgustingly filthy rich.

I agree with you, if we don't start fighting back somehow, nothing will change.  However, it's so complicated, such a tremendous, monstrous mess, that even wrapping your mind around a clear, cohesive message about it is impossible.  So if I were to go to the contact page of fcic and write something, I know I would sound like a raving maniac because I'm not intimately familiar with the characters and details, so I don't respond.

What I'm trying to say is, can you come up with a message, and argument, a plea that voices outrage and indicates exactly what should be done that we can use?

•  thanks cama....but don't think for a minute (10+ / 0-)

that what has happened is so complicated that you as an American and taxpayer cannot voice your own outrage.

You might want to ask Mr. Angelides why he has not  bothered to call in Mr. Cox from the SEC, and why the hell they haven't used one single subpoena.  Why hasn't he called in the OCC or anyone from Freddy and Fannie Mac, to question why these government employees received huge bonuses.

You might want to ask him, what the Commission plans to do in terms of accountability or prosecutions...ask him point blank?  Is anyone going to be held responsible?  Will anyone actually stand up and ask for accountability.

You might want to ask him, how the American people can expect a sense of 'justice and fairness' when fraud was allowed to happen and no one, it appears, will ever be punished.

Thanks.

...oh, not to worry, I'm wearing a Flame Retardant Valentino Orange Moo Moo whenever I visit DailyKos.

by Badabing on Thu Apr 08, 2010 at 10:11:25 AM PDT

•  I see a pattern with this Administration. (11+ / 0-)

It looks unlikely that we will ever see justice done, unfortunately.

A Republican is someone who can't enjoy his privileged position unless he is certain that somewhere, someone is in excruciating agony. I Love OCD

by nippersdad on Thu Apr 08, 2010 at 10:20:44 AM PDT

•  The President Obama will unfortunately get back (6+ / 0-)

in terms of 'votes' exacting what he is giving to those who worked so hard to have him elected.

I will not support a President who refuses to stand up for the Middle Class of this nation.

by Badabing on Thu Apr 08, 2010 at 10:24:58 AM PDT

•  I agree. We already have an organization (2+ / 0-)
            corvo, Badabing

to support his constituencies; it is called the Republican Party. After the next election we are going to have to retire the term Reagan Democrat. Such distinctions now appear to be irrelevant when it comes to support of our Party leadership these days.

We have seen the enemy, and he is us.

by nippersdad on Thu Apr 08, 2010 at 10:31:46 AM PDT

•  ok, I tried (13+ / 0-)

I'm embarrassed, but this is what I wrote, trying very hard not to sound like Abraham Simpson - "I am not a crank":

You do realize that these hearings being held now are coming across as a bit of kabuki theater, do you not?  No one is taking this seriously.

After all this time, where is Cox? Why has he not been subpeona'ed?  Why is the SEC getting off the hook?  Why are these thieves who concocted a way to get filthy rich while draining the rest of America's 401k's getting off with a simple "who could have known?".  That does seem a bit odd.  There were repeated warnings that these people claimed not to have heard or seen.  Either they are incompetent or they are lying. Either way, dismissing them with a mere statement of "carry on" seems odd, as if perhaps there is some collusion going on.

It seems that nothing has been learned from the Enron fiasco.  Enron, with the blessing of their banks and the government lined their pockets on the backs of Americans, and still it is continuing today.  Is it any wonder that no one  trusts the government?

Signed,
        A Very Dissatisfied Customer

•  Here is the link to the MSNBC video (1+ / 0-)
      Badabing

the diarists mentioned.  It's the best single summary I have seen anywhere--a perfect balance of being accurate and complete without being too technical to follow.

Highly recommended for those like me who struggle with these things.

Legal chicanery and pitch darkness were the banker's stoutest allies. -1939

by geomoo on Thu Apr 08, 2010 at 03:16:31 PM PDT

•  Wasn't is easy to understand geomoo? It was such (1+ / 0-)
        geomoo

a great and concise description of what has really happened to date.

Thanks for that link, and it is as you say Highly recommended.!!!!

by Badabing on Thu Apr 08, 2010 at 04:04:53 PM PDT