View Diary: Alan Grayson Rips the 'Liar' Alan Greenspan a New One (233 comments)

•  Why is anyone associated with these thieves still (9+ / 0-)

in ANY position of power?

Sure, I'd expect it under Bush.  But now that Democrats have control of government, the question that begs the answer:

Why are any of these evil ass clowns still in positions of power?

I'd really like to understand that question.

Geithner?  Summers?  Bernanke?  Etc.?

How do they continue to hold power after such an amazing display of abuse & fraud?

November Slogan: Pragmatic Moderation Corporations Can Believe In

by Johnathan Ivan on Thu Apr 08, 2010 at 10:54:11 AM PDT

•  because our government is made of mice (7+ / 0-)

None of whom dares to "bell the cat"

Wall street is run by a legion of basement cats.

fact does not require fiction for balance

by mollyd on Thu Apr 08, 2010 at 11:02:52 AM PDT

•  Haven't you heard? (9+ / 0-)

Geithner, Summers, Bernancke, etc., "they own the place."

A Republican is someone who can't enjoy his privileged position unless he is certain that somewhere, someone is in excruciating agony. I Love OCD

by nippersdad on Thu Apr 08, 2010 at 11:20:26 AM PDT

•  We should find out who is keeping these guys in (2+ / 0-)
        Badabing, nippersdad

power and remind him/her that the Democrats control the government, not the Republicans.

Oh wait.. that won't work.  We better just attack the corporatist employees since the boss has a (D) after his name.

Wouldn't want to embolden the Rethuglicans or help our enemies.

November Slogan: Pragmatic Moderation Corporations Can Believe In

by Johnathan Ivan on Thu Apr 08, 2010 at 12:35:18 PM PDT

•  I like the way you think! (1+ / 0-)
          Badabing

It would appear that it took approximately thirty minutes for it to become ok if you are a Democrat.

by nippersdad on Thu Apr 08, 2010 at 01:41:50 PM PDT

•  Wow...where did you come from? (5+ / 0-)

I'm loving your comments and would rec each twice if I could for your sig line.

If we don't collaborate to save Alan Grayson's seat then we deserve to be in the wilderness.

by jec on Thu Apr 08, 2010 at 11:48:21 AM PDT

•  thanks =) My tag line comes from the exhaustion (4+ / 0-)
        jec, Badabing, elwior, nippersdad

of my patience with Obama, Reid, Pelosi and other Dem "leaders" to govern like they campagin - liberally & progressively.

It astounded me that during 2009, Obama (who of course supported the Public Option) could not bring himself to mention it during his few (ha) public and media appearances.

I'm tired of the repetitive excuses.  I either want some advances made to roll-back the power of corporatism or, at the very least, some new excuses.

November Slogan: Pragmatic Moderation Corporations Can Believe In

by Johnathan Ivan on Thu Apr 08, 2010 at 12:33:37 PM PDT

•  I'm tired of the 'excuses' and I'm way tired (0+ / 0-)

of Blue Dogs, and the progressives getting shit on in our party.

or, at the very least, some new excuses.

Problem is, 'our fake Democrats' have run out of excuses.  Either they return to our party 'platform' of protecting American jobs with the Unions, and protecting Americans from predatory economic terrorists, or this 'critical point of total corruption' that is now evident to every single American with a 'pulse' is going to eat our nation alive.  When the Supreme Court voted that Corporations are 'people' that was the last straw.  There will come a day, when unemployment benefits are no longer there, and cities in America are turning into ghost towns where lawlessness and crime are on the rise.

I remember living through the 60's and I saw American cities being 'burned down' by the voters, because of this same kind of corruption and disregard for the very people who 'built' this country from the ground up.

There will come a day when people just will not put up with what is going on in our country, and that day is coming soon.

...oh, not to worry, I'm wearing a Flame Retardant Valentino Orange Moo Moo whenever I visit DailyKos.

by Badabing on Thu Apr 08, 2010 at 02:16:46 PM PDT

•  I know, jec! (5+ / 0-)
        jec, 3goldens, Badabing, elwior, nippersdad

I always say to myself, "Oh goodie!" when Johnathan Ivan comments.  He's bay-yad!  (In a good way....)

One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide stupidity nothing beats teamwork." - Mark Twain

by ohmyheck on Thu Apr 08, 2010 at 01:31:21 PM PDT

•  I ain't tryin to derail (6+ / 0-)

But our Secretary of State voted to launch a war of agression against Iraq.

And we're like, hey, yeah, you should totally have the top foreign policy post!

Our Secretary of Defense used to fund death squads in Central America.

And we're like, hey, yeah, you should totally be the guy in charge of winning the battle for hearts and minds!

And...aw, fuck it.

Satrap Wanted. Lawless Central Asian region needs firm hand. Compensation paid in Opium, or an equal weight in Catamites. Must stay bought!

by JesseCW on Thu Apr 08, 2010 at 11:52:55 AM PDT