View Diary: Alan Grayson Rips the 'Liar' Alan Greenspan a New One (233 comments)

•  I said that Ayn Rand should be... (5+ / 0-)

... viewed as a villain in history...  But I have to say, Greenspan and the hotshot financial CEOs should be regarded as villains as well.

Any sycophant subscribing to Randian principles (as a purist or out because it suits them in their greed) has done a horrible and reprehensible thing.

"I look forward to an honest debate with Governor Palin on the issues, in the unlikely event that she ever learns anything about them." Alan Grayson, D-FL

by Rich Santoro on Thu Apr 08, 2010 at 12:21:00 PM PDT

•  the most reprehensible thing, is how they are all (3+ / 0-)

getting away with this 'total cover up' and how President Obama is just standing by and not speaking up.

His silence is deafening.

...oh, not to worry, I'm wearing a Flame Retardant Valentino Orange Moo Moo whenever I visit DailyKos.

by Badabing on Thu Apr 08, 2010 at 02:20:07 PM PDT

•  Re (0+ / 0-)

All of those CEOs would be bankrupt if the government hadn't bailed them out.

(-5.50,-6.67): Left Libertarian
      Leadership doesn't mean taking a straw poll and then just throwing up your hands. -Jyrinx

by Sparhawk on Thu Apr 08, 2010 at 03:15:24 PM PDT

•  And what about the rest of us Sparhawk? nt. (0+ / 0-)

by Badabing on Thu Apr 08, 2010 at 04:09:31 PM PDT

•  What *about* the rest of us? (0+ / 0-)

We're all on the hook for our banks' debts. The bank bailout just made a big problem today a gigantic problem tomorrow. Oh, and allowed rich bankers to not go bankrupt when they should have.

(-5.50,-6.67): Left Libertarian

by Sparhawk on Thu Apr 08, 2010 at 04:13:56 PM PDT

•  Rich banker go bankrupt??? (0+ / 0-)

More like banks... the rich guys could just walk away with the millions they have already pilfered. The bankers were never in danger... the banks, the companies that rely on them and have money invested in them, the people working at said companies... no sir... there was a lot at stake.

I just wish that the approach was to bail out the banks from the bottom (by infusing cash by backstopping failing loans via resetting the mortgages as standard loans with fixed rates.  Banks would have gotten their money (albeit with a smaller profit margin) and people would have kept their houses.

by Rich Santoro on Sun Apr 11, 2010 at 09:40:51 PM PDT