View Diary: Guten Tag, Schadenfreude! Glenn Beck morans punked at UCF event! (55 comments)

•  Exactly. I see a certain lack of (1+ / 0-)
    Catte Nappe

compassion and neighborliness in approving of such an expensive prank, whomever the victim might be.

To say that my fate is not tied to your fate is like saying, "Your end of the boat is sinking."--Hugh Downs

by Dar Nirron on Wed Mar 31, 2010 at 11:33:41 AM PDT

•  I see justice. (2+ / 0-)
      dhajra, Apost8

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." -Ben Franklin

by IndieGuy on Wed Mar 31, 2010 at 11:46:41 AM PDT

•  Would it be "justice" if it happened to you? (0+ / 0-)

You are in a strange city for a political protest.  You follow instructions that you assume to be correct, and end up with a major expense you can't afford?

Golden rule, dude.  Think about it.

by Dar Nirron on Wed Mar 31, 2010 at 12:11:25 PM PDT

•  I'm sorry if some of you are offended (2+ / 0-)
          mconvente, IndieGuy

because we are getting a laugh out of this prank or mistake or stupidity on the part of the Becksters, or whatever it was, but I just can't bring myself to feel sorry for these people.

Yes, I probably would be angry if I went to another city to attend a political event, and my car got towed.  But I doubt that if I went to a college campus, I would have parked my car in a frat house driveway.  Or that I would have been attending a Glenn Beck horror show, which I don't think by any stretch of the imagination qualifies as a "political event."

Anyway, as somebody who works at UCF, I'm getting a good laugh out of all this.  And, by the way, I haven't heard anything about it on campus -- only in the local news and on Daily Kos.

•  That might carry some weight if these weren't (1+ / 0-)
          mconvente

the same people with the "niggar (sic)" and "faggot" and "Nazi" and "Socialist" and "Commie" and other signs and bumper stickers and slogans.  So, yes - I think this is justice.  Or karma, or whatever term of art you prefer.  This entire incident only proves that God really does have a sense of humor.

by IndieGuy on Wed Mar 31, 2010 at 02:01:34 PM PDT

•  it is an ouch - especially if someone doesn't (0+ / 0-)

have money to retrieve the car... but, i wonder how much beck charged for the tickets?  hmmmmmm anyone have that bit of info?  i don't think that creep does anything for free.

"An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." ~Mahatma Gandhi

by edrie on Wed Mar 31, 2010 at 03:10:53 PM PDT

•  okay - got my own answer here... (0+ / 0-)

from craigslist offer of two tickets at "face value" of $67 ea.

now i don't feel so bad - if someone was willing to pay $67 to hear his spew lies - then $125 parking is okay by me!  ignorance isn't cheap, it would seem!

by edrie on Wed Mar 31, 2010 at 03:13:54 PM PDT