View Diary: Top Comments: End-Of-Quarter Candidate Matching Funds Edition (Update: Match has expired) (62 comments)

•  Sorry, sar, Harter beat you to the ask (5+ / 0-)

He sent me an email this morning, so he already got all of my spare change today. I did go through Orange-to-Blue, though, but I was probably too early for your matching funds.

Those who are too smart to engage in politics are punished by being governed by those who are dumber. ---Plato

by carolita on Wed Mar 31, 2010 at 08:06:42 PM PDT

•  Make that Halter (6+ / 0-)

I have allergy eyes and allergy medicine fingers -- not a pretty combination for commenting.

by carolita on Wed Mar 31, 2010 at 08:10:42 PM PDT

•  Early shmirly (5+ / 0-)

For you, I'll match regardless. Just tell me how much and it's yours. Thank you!

© sardonyx; all rights reserved

by sardonyx on Wed Mar 31, 2010 at 08:12:15 PM PDT

•  What a sweetheart -- It was $25 today (4+ / 0-)

That maxed me out for him. He got some good news yesterday, though. The State Election Commission ruled that he can use the money he had left over from his previous campaign for governor to pay off his debt to himself for Lt. Governor. That now gives him an extra $400,000 for his campaign.

He's going to need it. Lincoln is really deploying some smear tactics against him -- flooding the black radio stations with ads that are outright lies about Halter not supporting Obama. The head of the NAACP here isn't buying it. In one ad she says the NAACP gives her an "A" rating. But when they asked the head of the Arkansas chapter, he said he didn't know about the national office but there was no way Arkansas NAACP would rank her record as a C or better. Not much left but D-F territory there, although I guess he was being diplomatic and not just giving her a FAIL.

by carolita on Wed Mar 31, 2010 at 08:30:05 PM PDT

•  Great! Another $25 for Halter. (2+ / 0-)

That means $250 has been matched, and another $250 is available for matching.

Lincoln had an absolutely huge warchest, but as we've seen in recent elections, even ten million bucks can't buy an election if no one likes the candidate spending that kind of money. It gives me hope for this country when elections aren't successfully bought.

© sardonyx; all rights reserved

by sardonyx on Wed Mar 31, 2010 at 08:36:18 PM PDT

•  Anti-incumbency (1+ / 0-)
            sardonyx

I think it will help Halter.  It amazes me that Lincoln tried branding him an "outsider" like it was a bad thing.

Grab all the joy you can. (exmearden, 8/30/09)

by Land of Enchantment on Wed Mar 31, 2010 at 09:03:05 PM PDT

•  I ended up giving Halter $50 (2+ / 0-)
              Land of Enchantment, alpolitics

so I exceeded the match by a little.

Glad Lincoln's being so tone-deaf by using the "outsider" label. But then, she's been so completely tone-deaf in the senate the past few years it's unsurprising she's staying off-key.

© sardonyx; all rights reserved