View Diary: Firearms, freedom and feminism [RKBA] (489 comments)

•  Since when is the connection between... (1+ / 2-)
    buddabelly
    Hidden by:
    labwitchy, Tom Seaview

...my various incarnations a secret?

How many mathematicians are there at dKos who work here at at Iowa State University as a Lecturer in the math department?

I, like anybody else here who follow my posts (my fan club?) only know of three who openly fit that criteria. Ricardomath, pigeonhole principle, and banach tarski paradox. None of this is a secret. And all three have been quite active in things like antiwar and LGBT rights stuff, etc, and they all have tended to post in the same sorts of threads.

And they all regularly vacation in Colombia every year or two.

They all teach anywhere between 350-500 students a semester, and they are all are having 89% of their salaries paid out of stimulus funds this year. This is all common knoweledge here at dKos, at least for anybody who knows me here.

Why are you trying to claim that this is some big secret? Some big conspiracy?

It was just a precaution to prevent my original username being used as an excuse for outing.

I had been threatened that if I continue to use my first username that I would be subject to further outing.

My username was explicitly used as an excuse for outing.

By changing it, any excuse for outing (clearly disengenuous to begin with) had been removed.

Also, since when is guessing a first name outing?

The first time might be explained away as a guess. (Although I don't understand the use of an = sign if the original outing was unintentional. You or whoever wrote that post clearly was attempting to set up an equation between a dKos poster and a real world name. But hey, let's pretend it was unintentional, OK?)

The 2nd thru 100th times I was outed, after multiple requests to stop, not so much. Every time after the first is clearly and obviously intentional on its face, no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Especially after the excuse originally given for the original "accidental" outing had been totally removed by the name change.

Here's a hint.

If you want to out somebody and pretend that it was an accident, be a little smarter. Out the person once, and when he or she complains about it, apologize and claim it was an accident. And then (and this is the most important part in maintaining plausable deniabiliy) don't do it again. This last step is essential. You can't maintain plausable deniability without it.

You just can't.

•  I'm kinda getting tired of this. (6+ / 0-)

You submitted your 'report' to MB yet?

We need another Huey P. Long and federal funding for abortion. -9.00, -4.05

by KVoimakas on Fri Apr 16, 2010 at 04:35:33 AM PDT

•  asdf (3+ / 0-)
      rockhound, labwitchy, Tom Seaview

"Sorry about interrupting the pootification and kestralization of DK" - freelunch

by kestrel9000 on Fri Apr 16, 2010 at 04:38:07 AM PDT

•  Now I'm calling you out on dishonesty (12+ / 0-)

You're the one revealing personal information on dKos.

I had no idea before you said it above, ricardomath/pigeonhole principle/banach tarski paradox, that you are one of the "mathematicians [...] who work here at at Iowa State University as a Lecturer in the math department".

And frankly, I didn't (and still don't) care.

You released that personal information, not me.

It is now, under the rules, fair game to discuss.

So I can only conclude that your concerns re: privacy are merely an excuse to engage in at once a total threadjacking as well as a disingenuous (and almost certainly futile) attempt to get us in trouble with the mods, or that you are outrageously, laughably, spectacularly incompetent when it comes to personal privacy and discretion.

I am this close to hiding your original complaint of outing, as it sure as hell looks like a disingenuous threadjack to me here. Not that the thread isn't already dead, but for the principle of the thing.

Non enim propter gloriam, diuicias aut honores pugnamus set propter libertatem solummodo quam Nemo bonus nisi simul cum vita amittit. -Declaration of Arbroath

by Robobagpiper on Fri Apr 16, 2010 at 06:01:01 AM PDT

•  pardon please? (12+ / 0-)

may i get this straight?

you think you've been outed by someone taking a guess at your first name? as i saw it, you outed yourself.  you didn't have to jump on that.  personally i wouldn't have given you a second thought.

you also think, like some playground bully, that if you whine and threaten to tell you are going to force people to see your way.

you are afraid of threats, which i haven't seen, then again, i didn't feel it was worth looking for.  immature is immature.

you are spending my and the rest of kos' members tax money to have temper tantrums?

you are giving more information to the very people you you profess to be afraid of?

hint? there are enough violations of basic social rules (demanding that you get your way) in these diaries  and that is no way to influence people to change their minds.

when you are argue (because there's no debate or give and take, you must win) albeit passionately, with equally passionate people and you find yourself getting into kerfuffle after kerfuffle (great word that) yet you keep insisting on returning in order to force people see things your way, that's a definition of teh crazy and an academician should know that. that's the kind of thing dick cheney does.  use a cudgel on anyone who doesn't agree and threaten them with official action.

be a grownup among grownups.  either bow out of the rkba diaries or stop demanding that everyone dance to your tune.  that's not going to happen and that fact is painfully obvious to everyone but yourself.

there's a reason i stay out of some diaries.  i'm missing nothing as i can still read them and learn stuff but i don't demand that everyone pay attention to me.  the odd question here and there, stated simply and politely can lead to great learning experiences.

these are good and intelligent people, i'm sure you are good and intelligent also but, i have to tell you, you are looking like a pure dee fool first class by putting all that info out there and still insisting it's someone else's fault.  reminds me of maj. frank burns...when he made a mistake it was 'either god's will or somebody else's fault.' without the part about god.

i didn't care enough about your temper tantrum to seek out your other posts and learn that information.  now that you have posted it clearly and succintly in an rkba diary so, according to the rules, it's fair game.

please don't compile your report on my dime and do your deans know about your blogging on university time?

of course, somehow you're going to take that sentence as a threat.  it isn't.  you'll trip yourself up, you already have and you will again.  i don't race to meteor blades and 'report', nor do i go to bosses and tell.  it's a political blog, you takes your lumps like anyone else and either learn or keep beating hell out of yourself.

again, please stop blogging on precious tax dollars and please, when you stomp your foot and hold your breath and demand, ask yourself: is this how a very smart teacher should act?

'CONSTITUTIONAL NON-SCHOLAR' JOHN "BOUGHT AND PAID FOR" CORNYN HAS COOTIES!

by labwitchy on Fri Apr 16, 2010 at 06:56:20 AM PDT

•  please........................................... (3+ / 0-)
      rockhound, labwitchy, KVoimakas

seriously please tell me more.

"America was not built on fear. America was built on courage, on imagination and an unbeatable determination to do the job at hand." Harry S. Truman

by duckhunter on Fri Apr 16, 2010 at 07:48:10 AM PDT

•  How dumb do you think we are? (6+ / 0-)

I'll grant you that it's not at all unlikely that three peers with similar interests would wind up posting on DailyKos.

What's the likelihood that all three would have the same style of writing, would be harping on the same issue of outing, and have the same paranoia about gun owners? The covariances there are damn near zero.

Do not take us for morons.

•  but we own guns, doesn't that make us mouth (5+ / 0-)

breathing morons with a 2 digit IQ?

heh, my little wonderment over this whole situation, until BTP posted their life story here in an rkba thread where the threats are supposedly coming from, I had no idea who they were or for ghu's sake why I would care. Now I know more about them than I did my last girlfriend.

If one was afeared, wouldn't one just shut up and petition MB for another name change and then maybe attempt to change the written " voice " that one spoke in?

The last damn thing I would do is post confirmation and the rest of my life history.  That's why this rings just a tad disingenuous to this moron.....

•  hidden to protect users identity....... (5+ / 0-)
    •  Have you all distracted ricardomath long enough (5+ / 0-)

for me to bring my guns into his home without his permission?

(NOTE: That's mockery of his paranoia, not an actual intent.)

(NOTE: It's sad I feel I have to make that disclaimer to avoid donuts.)

We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another. -- Jonathan Swift

by raptavio on Fri Apr 16, 2010 at 01:34:03 PM PDT

•  unhidden at commentors request and against (2+ / 0-)
      rockhound, KVoimakas