View Diary: Mojo' Hikin' / A Yellowstone Photo Journal (46 comments)

•  I am 53 years old and have not been to (8+ / 0-)

Yellowstone since I was a child. I remember my dad driving through the Park in our station wagon with the rear window down. A couple of black bear cubs tried to climb into the car. My dad asked me and my brother to go back and close the rear window. We both said Hell No! He finally had to speed up and they fell off the car.

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only object of good government" Thomas Jefferson

by nancat357 on Sun Apr 18, 2010 at 11:00:32 AM PDT

•  Great memories indeed. (5+ / 0-)

My folks never managed to take the kids to Yellowstone. It was not until my early 20s and it only took once - I was hooked. I am 50 now and look forward to years on the trail or at the end of our scopes.

The Ongoing Drama of Palin's Place - for your latest in faux outrage and professional victomhood.

by delmardougster on Sun Apr 18, 2010 at 11:08:15 AM PDT

•  My first trip was when I was six, (3+ / 0-)
        ER Doc, SomeStones, lineatus

but then we were natives so it was an easy drive. Back then we still fed black bears from the car--we fed a couple of young bears some Fritos from our sack lunches. We went a couple of more times as a family but I have been back every year since 1988, sometimes twice a year but usually in fall and if it can be arranged, during a full moon. Speaking of which, I'd better make my reservations.

Mal: "...So then the Shepherd says to the Companion, "Well, a good goat can do that."

by crose on Sun Apr 18, 2010 at 09:21:17 PM PDT

•  Every year is where we are at too. (0+ / 0-)

It is hard not to go to Yellowstone now. To not go feels like we are losing a good friend for the year. Have a great time!

by delmardougster on Tue Apr 20, 2010 at 07:30:12 PM PDT

•  It starts calling (1+ / 0-)
            delmardougster

in August, when the nights get cool and the aroma of curing grass covered with frost comes through my window. I can't not answer. I hope you too have a good time in Paradise.

by crose on Wed Apr 21, 2010 at 10:11:51 PM PDT

•  You sound just like us. (0+ / 0-)

I can feel the pull already. We almost purchased a small lodge in 2008 just so we could live there year round. The dream lives on...

by delmardougster on Thu Apr 22, 2010 at 08:55:12 PM PDT

• Economy (18)
  • Rescued (17)
  • Science (16)
  • 2016 (15)
  • Politics (15)
  • Environment (13)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site