View Diary: Progressives hating Obama - Field Report (108 comments)

•  DFH bashing deliberately inflammatory diary? (9+ / 0-)

Well, it hardly makes you unique, but I'd have to suggest anyone who reccs or tips you must enjoy the pie wars and those who merely want to cause more infighting amongst Dems to the party's overall disadvantage.

I look forward to your next kerosene-soaked diary, to see if the hyperbole and dissension sowing equals this particular masterpiece.

I beseech you, in the bowels of Christ, think it possible you may be mistaken. - Oliver Cromwell

by Ezekial 23 20 on Sat Apr 17, 2010 at 12:24:13 PM PDT

•  Hmm (0+ / 0-)

Comment recommended by both HRaters

•  thanks for your concern. (4+ / 0-)
        slatsg, Turkana, nippersdad, thethinveil

reading is fundamental, apparently.

"But then, liberals always were a little fond of mind control, assuming of course that it was put to good use." -DKos troll

by teloPariah on Sat Apr 17, 2010 at 12:35:18 PM PDT

•  I was referring to the diary, not MY comment. (8+ / 0-)

would have joined them in HR'ing this inflammatory piece of crap, but that only gives cover for cowards to uprate it claiming they're only doing so in order to offset HR's.  I'd rather it sat out on its own without HR's, so folks could see exactly who felt crap like this was worth tipping, without pretending that they were only doing so 'in order to offset HR's'.

by Ezekial 23 20 on Sat Apr 17, 2010 at 12:35:43 PM PDT

•  heh (5+ / 0-)

fair point.

The cold passion for truth hunts in no pack. -Robinson Jeffers

by Laurence Lewis on Sat Apr 17, 2010 at 12:36:49 PM PDT

•  Fair enough n/t (2+ / 0-)
          Shahryar, nippersdad

by teloPariah on Sat Apr 17, 2010 at 12:40:24 PM PDT

•  Sure, sure (0+ / 0-)

So defending your opinion is a cowardly action but HR without a comment is an act of valor. The internet is full of heroes I guess.

•  So under what category should I file your (1+ / 0-)
          CatM

'cowards' ? Retaliatory name calling, perhaps ?

Between birthers, deathers and mouth-breathers, the gop has got 'teh crazy' and 'teh stoopid' covered.

by amk for obama on Sat Apr 17, 2010 at 12:54:48 PM PDT

•  I tipped it (5+ / 0-)

Not because I agree with it 100% but because I think it makes good points--some of which I have said previously.

I do believe that one of the problems with some people on the left who have become bitterly opposed to Obama is their failure to accept that the president does not make the laws and thus is not wholly responsible for what is done or not done by Congress. The only way for Obama to meet the demands of some that I would consider extremely to the left of the political spectrum would be for Obama to become a dictator.

While I am very far to the left, and many things I would like to see have not been implemented and some things I would not like to see have been implemented, I also recognize that it would be politically dangerous for the country's stability to start making millions of executive orders (which are not permanent fixes) accommodating all the requests of people like me that many Americans (in some cases, the majority) oppose.

And how do we pick and choose what things are right and what things are wrong? For example, I fervently want an end to the death penalty. I don't see a lot of debate about it here; I guess it's not a hot topic. But I also know most Americans do not even agree with abolishing the death penalty. It's something that Obama could never get Congress to pass. Should I blame him for that? Should he be a dictator and pass it any way?

So, again, I think the diarist makes some points that are worth considering, and one should not always assume that the only reason to recommend a diary is to express 100% agreement with it.

Sometimes I recommend diaries because, at the very least, I think they are worth thinking about.

I just wanted to explain that, unequivocally, my rec was not to counter an HR.

As far as stoking controversy, my foster mother used to have a saying on the wall, "Never answer an angry word with an angry word; it's the second that makes the quarrel."

Translation: The diary only becomes a "pie fight" if people come in to throw pies.

Supporting a Pragmatic Approach to Progressive Policies

by CatM on Sat Apr 17, 2010 at 01:52:27 PM PDT

•  Reason I recc'ed (2+ / 0-)
      CatM, Ezekial 23 20

Was largely the middle of his(her?) anecdote about the conversation. It illustrated the need for a comment I was making so often for awhile that it should have been my sig-line: "I didn't think I was electing my own unitary executive".

Legalism: strict conformity to the letter of the law rather than its spirit

by Catte Nappe on Sat Apr 17, 2010 at 02:01:29 PM PDT

• Education (26)
  • Environment (25)
  • Republicans (23)
  • Politics (23)
  • Barack Obama (22)
  • Police (20)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site