View Diary: Why I'm feminist (205 comments)

•  Why I am not a feminist (none)
    I don't like the stereotype. For men or for women.

I just am a crazy person that happens to be a woman. Just know that I am always right! Ha!

People vote for sunshine, not for gloom and doom!

by missliberties on Mon Jan 17, 2005 at 04:50:38 PM PST

•  um... (4.00)
      if you can vote, if you can get birth control, if you can get a job that was previously denied to your mothers, that's the results of the hard work that feminists did for you.

Be proud to be a feminist.

What's madness but nobility of the soul at odds with circumstance?

by slinkerwink on Mon Jan 17, 2005 at 05:16:59 PM PST

•  There is always one in every bunch (none)
        good words.....and very true!

I am sure if I had been born in another time I would have been right there trying to make it so women could vote.

For some reason feminist has an almost militant connotation, like you are denying that you are a woman, but I suppose feminists are women that are more politically inclined and want change.

People vote for sunshine, not for gloom and doom!

by missliberties on Mon Jan 17, 2005 at 05:50:40 PM PST

•  Well you know that acronym (none)
          RWCM? =) Yep, that's the one.

I have no country to fight for; my country is the earth and I am a citizen of the world -- Eugene Debs

by dove on Mon Jan 17, 2005 at 05:57:24 PM PST

•  I am embarassed to say that I don't (none)
            although I have seen it many times.

Right wing c m?

Please enlighten me.

People vote for sunshine, not for gloom and doom!

by missliberties on Mon Jan 17, 2005 at 06:07:41 PM PST

•  Right Wing Corporate Media (none)
              who, among other things,invented the bra-burning myth (though I suspect there's no shortage of women who have burned their bras since =)

by dove on Mon Jan 17, 2005 at 06:19:17 PM PST

• Economy (18)
  • Rescued (17)
  • Science (16)
  • 2016 (15)
  • Politics (15)
  • Environment (13)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site