View Diary: RKBA: keep and bear Arms (305 comments)

•  I'm a suspect, eh? (9+ / 0-)

OK, I declare you a suspect. I suspect that you don't read or understand the Constitution.

"She's petite, extremely beautiful, and heavily armed." -1995 Michael Moore documentary Canadian Bacon

by Tom Seaview on Tue Jun 01, 2010 at 07:17:23 AM PDT

•  So you're saying understanding the ... (0+ / 0-)

...Constitution and being a suspect [of] anything are connected? Doubt you intend that so I'll assume you mean using suspect in a general no specific way has something to do with reading/understanding the Constitution? Trust me I know the Constitution but that has nothing to do with our discussion.  You say your concealed weapon is for being prepared for any and all possible problems. You might as well drive around in a M1A1 tank and live in a secret bunker with at least years supply of everything you might need...and never come out of it...wait...that's perfect, then you won't need to carry a concealed weapon because you'll never encounter a [any and all possibilities] situation.

Our nations quality of life is based on the rightousness of its people.

by kalihikane on Tue Jun 01, 2010 at 09:17:47 AM PDT

•  Most people don't have the option to drive a tank (8+ / 0-)

and live in a bunker.

I'm a computer tech. I deal with idiots all day long (I mean that seriously; I work two full time jobs for over 70 hours a week.) If you could find me a job where I'd make the same money and get to live in a bunker, fuck yes I'd take it.

Customer service makes you cynical. Computer customer service makes you doubt the existence of intelligent life.

MF and RKBA Member. This bear keeps and bears arms. -9.00, -4.05

by KVoimakas on Tue Jun 01, 2010 at 09:19:59 AM PDT

•  I once spent a year (6+ / 0-)

as tech support for a telecom ISP before it drove me crazy enough to quit. You can't believe the idiocy! Once had a caller whose machinery wouldn't turn on, so of course the first thing I suggested was to check the connections to computer and power supply. I waited while she checked, then she told me they were all tight, as best she could make out using a candle for light. A storm had knocked out electricity in the neighborhood, it seems...

ARGH!!!

Now, more than ever, we need the Jedi.

by Joieau on Tue Jun 01, 2010 at 09:52:55 AM PDT

•  I've spent the last 4.5 years working at a (6+ / 0-)

computer repair shop that also provides support for wireless internet, cable internet, DSL, ISDN, and dial up.

For the past 2.25 years, I've been tech support for a company that provides support to hotels, CMTS networks, kiosks, printers/copiers, and three ISPs.

Yes. You read that correctly. Two full time jobs, for the last 2.25 years.

MF and RKBA Member. This bear keeps and bears arms. -9.00, -4.05

by KVoimakas on Tue Jun 01, 2010 at 09:57:26 AM PDT

•  Face it...any job that has customer and or .... (0+ / 0-)

...service in the title and you take job seriously and believe in your product...you are on 24/7, simple as that. Looked at it that way in military SERVICE especially VN and same way in business providing international service. Here's story that supports why I don't carry weapon [unless know will need one]. About 10yrs ago sent on job at resort outside Yangon (Rangoon) Burma (Myanmar). One afternoon had some free time so asked local office driver if he'd drive for picture shoot. Beautiful country. Long story short; we encountered a military road block (we knew about them) so gave driver usual US$20 for the ncoic. They started the pat-down I smiled until they started yelling at driver threw him to the ground beat him up some pointed a (drivers) pistol at him and pulled trigger. Nothing happened...twice...it was empty. They came at me I said have no gun driver echoed that, they thoroughly patted me down...took my once used canon zoomlens camera and all the money in my wallet...(I never carry more then US$80 when travelling).  We went on our way. After awhile the driver broke down and begged me not to tell office about the incident because it would cost him his job. I didn't say a thing. By the way driver told me he thought the pistol had a round in chamber. That was main reason I didn't say anything to office...he died once already that day.

Our nations quality of life is based on the rightousness of its people.

by kalihikane on Tue Jun 01, 2010 at 11:08:11 AM PDT