View Diary: Top Kill Failure Liveblog Mothership: 29 May, 2010 - Day Four and a half (116 comments)

•  META (4+ / 0-)

if you need an ROV diary, I can do one, but it'll have to be on the early side. I work this afternoon.

Heya KH ^5.

Thanks Garret and all for sitting vigil here.

I'm Moving On . . . .

by papicek on Sun May 30, 2010 at 08:02:26 AM PDT

•  If you'd like to do one when this one hits (3+ / 0-)
      alkalinesky, papicek, RhymesWithUrple

400, you're welcome to - then I'd take the next one.  It's moving much slower (knock on wood) today than it was Friday... I've been here since about 9, and I think there've been 50 or so comments in that time.  Nika7k also volunteered for a ROV today, and she can't post really late ones.  I can, though, so if you and Nika want to do the earlier ones, I'll do an evening, and we'll find someone to do the overnight again, I think that'd work like a dream.  Whatcha think?

If history and science have taught us anything, it is that passion and desire are not the same as truth. E.O. Wilson

by khowell on Sun May 30, 2010 at 08:14:21 AM PDT

•  yeah... (3+ / 0-)
        khowell, alkalinesky, RhymesWithUrple

yesterday was a big day as it turned out. And a long one - I am now able to appreciate the huge amount of work it takes to run these things.

So I'll get something together - my quick news tour this morning was discouraging, and I've time to try and put something together.

I'm Moving On . . . .

by papicek on Sun May 30, 2010 at 08:32:31 AM PDT

•  this afternoon (3+ / 0-)
        khowell, alkalinesky, RhymesWithUrple

last night I was up to midnight - not good when little ones wake you up at crack of dawn!

Can we make my next ROV in the early afternoon?

any google doc to use?

•  Hey guys (2+ / 0-)
          khowell, RhymesWithUrple

I can do one this evening if you need it. I'll check in to see if we are still as busy as it was yesterday. You guys are total rockstars.

Every time you purchase food you are casting a vote. Eat wisely.

by alkalinesky on Sun May 30, 2010 at 09:06:31 AM PDT

•  Takes one to know one, rockstar - /nt (2+ / 0-)
            alkalinesky, RhymesWithUrple

by khowell on Sun May 30, 2010 at 09:11:27 AM PDT

•  So... let's see if I've got my (non-oily) Herons (2+ / 0-)
              alkalinesky, RhymesWithUrple

in a row:

Papi - whenever this one hits 400, then Nika, then Papi, then alkalinesky, then me.

Groovy?

And, Nika, I just sent you (and alkalinesky) the email that Papi sent me Friday.  It's got code.  Is that what you're talking about?

by khowell on Sun May 30, 2010 at 09:15:59 AM PDT

•  Strike the second Papi /nt (2+ / 0-)
                alkalinesky, RhymesWithUrple

by khowell on Sun May 30, 2010 at 09:17:25 AM PDT

•  Groove-tastic. And thanks for code! nt (0+ / 0-)

Every time you purchase food you are casting a vote. Eat wisely.

by alkalinesky on Sun May 30, 2010 at 09:17:36 AM PDT

•  damn (0+ / 0-)

I sent you the mothership code - not the ROV.  I just forwarded my most recent ROV code - from # 9, which now seems like six months ago.  I'm not sure if it will do you any good, but I sent it anyway.

Perhaps Papi or Garrett would be willing to send a more current edition?

I think I'm going to do the google docs thing - if it hasn't been done already - with the  mothership code, and if someone will send me more recent ROV, I'll put that up, too.

What are your thoughts on posting the mothership now?  Should I wait for it to fall completely off the Rec list?

by khowell on Sun May 30, 2010 at 09:54:42 AM PDT

•  It's ok (0+ / 0-)

I can take the most current ROV and just update that. No problem there.

I think posting another mothership depends on you. If you don't want to babysit you can post it and have people unrec the other one.

Every time you purchase food you are casting a vote. Eat wisely.

by alkalinesky on Sun May 30, 2010 at 10:34:52 AM PDT