View Diary: 1 June 2010: BP Liveblog ROV Diary 27 - LRMP Continued (345 comments)

•  My best guess (7+ / 0-)

is that once they have the diamond cutter positioned and ready, they have get the crimp cutter positioned and ready. They will then get the top hat ready with rovs prepared to guide it onto the new cut. The ROV's will need a checkout and servicing before starting the big operation. I suspect we will see the real action tomorrow.

Tonight is prep for the big move

A technical review is needed before trying.

"Everybody does better, when everybody does better" - Paul Wellstone 1997

by yuriwho on Tue Jun 01, 2010 at 12:48:09 AM PDT

•  This all sounds plausible (5+ / 0-)
      yuriwho, Yasuragi, Onomastic, DawnN, Miep

Like getting all your tools and parts arranged on a work bench before starting the project.

I imagine they want the other part they want to put on ready and right next to the action, so they can get it on ASAP after cutting the pipe.

You can discover what your enemy fears most by observing the means he uses to frighten you. - Eric Hoffer

by splashy on Tue Jun 01, 2010 at 12:50:40 AM PDT

•  They might be getting final approval (4+ / 0-)
      Yasuragi, Onomastic, DawnN, Miep

Call the White House before increasing the flow rate.

I'm no Nate Silver, TomTech, or VoteforAmerica ("WineRev" Eeman, Recounting Minnesota)

by Tomtech on Tue Jun 01, 2010 at 12:51:29 AM PDT

•  Well then I'm going to bed. It's almost 4 (6+ / 0-)
      yuriwho, yella dawg, Yasuragi, cany, DawnN, Miep

here on the East Coast.

Don't let them do anything without us all being here, ok?

Stepping up to life eliminates the capacity for bullshit. - Robinswing

by Onomastic on Tue Jun 01, 2010 at 12:53:38 AM PDT

•  G'night, Ono. I admire and envy your (4+ / 0-)
        yella dawg, Onomastic, DawnN, Miep

discipline.  Or level of fatigue... ;)

I always have a problem when people NOT named Running Bear, Kills Elk or Woman of Many Horses complain about "illegal" immigration. -- Justice Putnam

by Yasuragi on Tue Jun 01, 2010 at 12:55:17 AM PDT

•  Discipline? Ha!! It's taken everything I have (2+ / 0-)
          yuriwho, yella dawg

not to faceplant on the keyboard and immediately start snoring and drooling.

If I knew for certain they were going to do this thing in the next hour I'd stay up.

I don't think the beautiful boy is going to be back until this evening around six, so I can luckily sleep the day away.

But I need some certainty here damn it!

I've got a 3 year old grandboy, sleep and history making geek stuff to juggle.

Where's the damn schedule?

Gol dang it!!!