View Diary: Daily Kos Oilpocolypse ROV #28: Hopefully Cutting the Riser (339 comments)

•  What do you mean "dying of the light"? (6+ / 0-)

Got the dying of the dark around here.

The light's growing by the minute.

Stepping up to life eliminates the capacity for bullshit. - Robinswing

by Onomastic on Tue Jun 01, 2010 at 01:58:57 AM PDT

•  I mean *this* (6+ / 0-)

Do not go gentle into that good night,
      Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
      Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
      Because their words had forked no lightning they
      Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
      Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
      Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
      And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,
      Do not go gentle into that good night.

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
      Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,
      Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
      Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.
      Do not go gentle into that good night.
      Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

-Dylan Thomas

Gulf gusher? Gulf crusher, more like it.

by Miep on Tue Jun 01, 2010 at 02:03:56 AM PDT

•  You're so cute. I knew what the reference was. (7+ / 0-)

Just teasing and messing around.

Love that poem. Thanks for posting it.

Now I'm going to go gentle into my good bed.

See you in awhile Miep. It's been great being able to spend some time with you. :)

Stepping up to life eliminates the capacity for bullshit. - Robinswing

by Onomastic on Tue Jun 01, 2010 at 02:06:35 AM PDT

•  A poem! {{eyes&ears perk up}} (4+ / 0-)
        godislove, Yasuragi, Onomastic, Miep

Love that poem !!!

~we study the old to understand the new~from one thing know ten thousand~to see things truly one must see what is in the light and what lies hidden in shadow~

by ArthurPoet on Tue Jun 01, 2010 at 02:23:29 AM PDT

•  I haven't read the poems you posted here (4+ / 0-)
          godislove, ArthurPoet, Yasuragi, Onomastic

because it's fast dialogue and tracking. However, I always do like to hear from poets. Poems are good. I hope to spend some more time with you here when the pace is slower.

Gulf gusher? Gulf crusher, more like it.

by Miep on Tue Jun 01, 2010 at 02:30:32 AM PDT

•  Yeah, the tracking is the priority, (5+ / 0-)
            scribe, godislove, Yasuragi, Onomastic, Miep

... bein' on this iPhone, can't contribute to that, but I like to add one poem per diary, just to add a little light to this dark journey, these black tears, the earth I feel her crying, black (oil) blood, a wound deep into her core, killing our ocean, I have no words to speak how saddened I am ~ this community and these diaries give me the only light I feel these days, and the sperm whales, in the gulf, I read in a diary the other day, if 3 die from unnatural causes, they will not survive to the next generation ~ gone, forever, and who knows how many countless other creatures, pointless, all for a corporate exec's impatient greed, to put profit over responsible deligence ~ for what? for what? for what? .... there are no words to describe such ..... no words .....

by ArthurPoet on Tue Jun 01, 2010 at 02:50:27 AM PDT

•  I LOVE it that you add poems to comment streams (0+ / 0-)

I have done quite a bit of that myself, though I usually don't use my own material. I've published some of that on my own diaries, though.

I just glimpsed at them and felt bad that I didn't feel right about reading them...I read comment streams like novels...fast and linear. I read poetry and nonfiction in a much more right brain manner..wander all over the page, back and forth, like looking at a painting. The timing was all off.

I'll look at your work here. You do write very well.

Gulf gusher? Gulf crusher, more like it.

by Miep on Tue Jun 01, 2010 at 10:54:39 PM PDT

•  looking at your poetry page (0+ / 0-)

"Ji-hi no Kokoro reminded me of this:"

"What's friendship, when all is done, but the giving and taking of wounds?" -Frederick Buechner

Gulf gusher? Gulf crusher, more like it.

by Miep on Tue Jun 01, 2010 at 11:05:55 PM PDT