View Diary: Daily Kos Oilpocolypse ROV #31 (387 comments)

•  oh great! please tell me your not in the midwest? (2+ / 0-)
    alkalinesky, RhymesWithUrple

I just started hacking (really bad sign) and I've had a headache for two days (which I attributed to squinting at computer screen video feeds of undersea construction work). Total bummer.  Going to find the nyquil.

Earth: Mostly harmless ~ The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (revised entry)

by yawnimawke on Tue Jun 01, 2010 at 03:21:45 PM PDT

•  I'm not in the midwest, but I fly a lot... (1+ / 0-)
      yawnimawke

Came down with it roughly 36 hours after I got home from a business trip. I'm pretty religious (so to speak) about not touching my face, using hand wipes, anti-bacterials etc. in general and particularly when I fly.

I swear by Airborne though (and Zicam too) but this time nothing touched it. Nyquil and benadryl non-stop for roughly ten days, now just using the benadryl (and lots of vitamin c).

"Help!!! I'm being Enlightened!" - TCFKNCS's avatar

I always wanted to quote an avatar.

by RhymesWithUrple on Tue Jun 01, 2010 at 03:27:28 PM PDT

•  will head to the grocery store tomorrow to stock (1+ / 0-)
        RhymesWithUrple

up on the vc. Had just 2 tabs of nyquil left.

Traveling is tricky! When I was working (out of work for two weeks now) my boss was the traveler and he would come back and BAM, be down for a week. No matter what he did. He traveled internationally and he was always very healthy but man, those flights would knock him out. So I feel for you.

I've been running kids around for my sister-in-law since the lay-off so I'm sure that's where I picked up this little gift! Funny thing is I loathe children...

Earth: Mostly harmless ~ The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (revised entry)

by yawnimawke on Tue Jun 01, 2010 at 03:46:24 PM PDT

•  Crap!! (1+ / 0-)
          yawnimawke

So sorry to hear about the layoff - I have been consulting for the last year and a half or so; just accepted a job offer but we have to transfer for it.

Just off-the-cuff thinking, but if you are the chauffeur du jour for your sister-in-law, maybe she could pick up some meds for you? Two nyquil's may not be enough to get you through the night (though I hope they do!).

"Help!!! I'm being Enlightened!" - TCFKNCS's avatar

I always wanted to quote an avatar.

by RhymesWithUrple on Tue Jun 01, 2010 at 03:55:29 PM PDT

•  no worries! got a sweet severance (1+ / 0-)
            RhymesWithUrple

package and may head out of country if nothing pops up in the next six months. It was a long time in coming. I was working in the construction industry (HR) so I've been through this a couple of times now. Becoming a pro at this point. What I've learned, though, is find a new industry! Construction, while lucrative, is just too unstable.

Ya know, your right about the sister-in-law thing. On the upshot she's next door (oh, yeah, my family is that tight)!

Earth: Mostly harmless ~ The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (revised entry)

by yawnimawke on Tue Jun 01, 2010 at 04:27:18 PM PDT

•  Very glad to hear you were (0+ / 0-)

at least somewhat compensated in your layoff. My thoughts are with you and I hope you find something, anything that is a good fit for you. Hang in there -- I almost transferred with an ex-pat package myself, but decided to take a local (i.e. U.S. position) instead as our daughter just started college here.

Best to you yawnimawke (most sincerely)!

"Help!!! I'm being Enlightened!" - TCFKNCS's avatar

I always wanted to quote an avatar.

by RhymesWithUrple on Tue Jun 01, 2010 at 07:02:56 PM PDT