View Diary: BP Oilmageddon ROV liveblogging diary #33 (401 comments)

•  he crimped this morning. of course I didn't (2+ / 0-)
    churchylafemme, Onomastic

actually see that, I just read that from the live blogs...did I read that wrong?

Earth: Mostly harmless ~ The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (revised entry)

by yawnimawke on Tue Jun 01, 2010 at 06:23:26 PM PDT

•  There was an attempt in the wee hours of the (3+ / 0-)

morning. All the small pipes around the main riser where preventing Crunch from getting the proper grip.

Everything stopped while they reformatted. ROV's spend the day cutting off the smaller pipes. Crunchy came down and very carefully crunched.

Now if there was another crunch after that I don't know.

Stepping up to life eliminates the capacity for bullshit. - Robinswing

by Onomastic on Tue Jun 01, 2010 at 06:34:44 PM PDT

•  success around 5pm tonite pacific (2+ / 0-)
        Onomastic, yawnimawke

time...

NOTE: i will no longer engage in non-productive, rude or argumentative replies - so, if you are waiting for a reply, please don't hold your breath! ~ edrie

by edrie on Tue Jun 01, 2010 at 06:43:00 PM PDT

•  Just by the by, edrie, (0+ / 0-)

your sig line discourages me from rec'ing your comments or responding to them. Sort of an unintended consequence.

•  timaeus, i'm using that sig line to (2+ / 0-)
            Timaeus, yawnimawke

remind myself not to be sucked into troll hijackings.

i've never walked away from any discussion that was from a different point of view as mine - but the ones where there are ugly flames, nasty insults and attempts to hijack threads - i'm trying to curb my own tendency to argue fruitlessly and pointlessly.

not intended to those who have strong opinions or ideas - those i'm always willing to engage - i often learn something in them.

it is the rude, personally insulting, trollish ones i walk away from now - (or at least, TRY to walk away from).  i'm teaching myself that one does not ALWAYS have to have the "last word" in a pointless argument.

by edrie on Tue Jun 01, 2010 at 07:36:51 PM PDT

•  thanks for the rec and for (0+ / 0-)

understanding my sig line now.

having a sister 4 1/2 years older than me and we both were well and equally matched, the "last word" game is quite entrenched in my life.  still, at 65 and 69, we catch ourselves at it and giggle and challenge the other one NOT to have the last word.

it's hard, BELIEVE me, it's HARD!

8^P

by edrie on Tue Jun 01, 2010 at 08:32:06 PM PDT

•  Darn-wanted to see that! (0+ / 0-)

But I had a rehearsal to get to.

Democrats give you the Bill of Rights; Republicans sell you a bill of goods!

by barbwires on Tue Jun 01, 2010 at 07:00:33 PM PDT

•  music, play, opera? (0+ / 0-)

by edrie on Tue Jun 01, 2010 at 07:37:16 PM PDT