View Diary: BP Oilpocalypse ROV Diary #63 (325 comments)

•  Thad doesn't know about the new cap (7+ / 0-)

BP tells him one thing per day. Today it was 10,000 bbls.

It rubs the loofah on its skin or else it gets the falafel again.

by Fishgrease on Sun Jun 06, 2010 at 09:41:48 AM PDT

•  that seems to be about right... (2+ / 0-)
      Fishgrease, sherlyle

I just heard another, lower, estimate that about one third of the oil is being captured, using the 6,000 bbl capture - 19,000 flow estimate combination.

My gut tells me, based on the sheer weight of the oil in the new riser and what I'm seeing on the feeds, is that less than 10% of that oil is captured.

I'm Moving On . . . .

by papicek on Sun Jun 06, 2010 at 09:46:37 AM PDT

•  Hey Fishgrease, they've started crowd (1+ / 0-)
      Fishgrease

sourcing that Oil Corral idea Eric Lewis had a few weeks back.
      They are doing it over on Twitter. Do you have an account as they are calling for input from guys like yourself. That is if you are interested?

Those folks who are trying to get in the way of progress - let me tell you, I'm just getting started. I don't quit. I'm not tired; I'm just getting started.

by Unenergy on Sun Jun 06, 2010 at 02:56:54 PM PDT

•  One more tweet about me and (1+ / 0-)
        Unenergy

we'll see if you stay on Daily Kos. This is against the rules. Stop it and stop it right now.

It rubs the loofah on its skin or else it gets the falafel again.

by Fishgrease on Sun Jun 06, 2010 at 03:20:42 PM PDT

•  That comment was a reflection of (1+ / 0-)
          Fishgrease

how I see things unfolding most days. Frustration at witnessing multiple failures.

Innappropriate as I am not privy to the context of your conversations with Shoq.

Deleted.
          Sorry, that is the problem with blogging from the hip.

by Unenergy on Sun Jun 06, 2010 at 03:33:18 PM PDT

•  No problem. (1+ / 0-)
            Unenergy

Like it never happened.

It rubs the loofah on its skin or else it gets the falafel again.

by Fishgrease on Sun Jun 06, 2010 at 03:47:04 PM PDT

•  Oh by the way. I owe you a HUGE apology. (1+ / 0-)
            Unenergy

See... I know nothing about twitter and I somehow got the impression that Shoq's tweets were yours.

Your comment probably wasn't anything to worry about. I don't even remember seeing it.

I am SO sorry! You did nothing wrong whatsoever.

Not only was I wrong here. I was VERY wrong.

It rubs the loofah on its skin or else it gets the falafel again.

by Fishgrease on Sun Jun 06, 2010 at 08:54:37 PM PDT

•  No problem. (1+ / 0-)
              Fishgrease

Ditto your comment above.

by Unenergy on Sun Jun 06, 2010 at 09:34:15 PM PDT