View Diary: OBAMA: "It turns out, by the way, that oil rigs today generally don't cause spills," (177 comments)

•  It seems you have a compulsion (4+ / 0-)

to leap into every diary posted on the government's non-response to this crisis.  Last night you engaged in vilifying an informative piece as well as its author, while providing no substantial arguments that proved his points wrong. The president has NOT mobilized his considerable forces, not from day one and not now.  BP is successfully pulling around by its tail the the most powerful country in the world.  It is unprepared and woefully inadequate to lead the recovery.  The operative word here being LEAD.

And please don't refer us to the White House blog.  It contains nothing other than a morass of compound sentences, which are not a substitute for coordinated action.

•  That's bull (1+ / 0-)
      Larsstephens

I go to whatever diaries catch my attention, same as anyone else.  Is that not my right??

And when I see someone saying that President Obama "isn't doing anything" and he wants (in his words) an "epic response" I'm going to respond.  If you don't like it, tough.

You're not my boss, and I'm not yours.  I don't follow you around telling you not to comment in whatever diary you choose, so you can butt out.  I'll comment where I please.

The diarist last night did absolutely NO homework on the issue, and asked for things that were not only impossible, but irrelevant.  If my wanting people to be a little more informed bothers you - tough.

"Anybody who desperately wants to believe lies will not even notice the truth standing next to them wearing a big red neon sign." - Keith Olbermann

by Diogenes2008 on Wed Jun 09, 2010 at 02:13:11 PM PDT

•  No homework (1+ / 0-)
        miriam

I called you on that. And you picked up your toys and went home.

"If that's what Fallujah is, then what's that band with all the Mexican kids in it?"

by iSenseChange on Wed Jun 09, 2010 at 02:17:23 PM PDT

•  No, you didn't (1+ / 0-)
          Larsstephens

You kept asking ME to do the work FOR YOU.  You wanted ME to go get a link that someone else talked about.

I brought you some information, and you did precisely what I expected of you - you laughed it off and asked for more.

But you were too fucking lazy to go look for the links yourself.

Do you have a computer?  Do you have a browser?  Obviously you do.

Go look up the information YOURSELF and quit asking others to do the work for you.  THAT was my point, and you missed it entirely (again).

Oh, and by the way - I'll stick up for this President as much as I damned well please, and NOBODY is going to tell me I don't have that right!!  Nobody!

by Diogenes2008 on Wed Jun 09, 2010 at 02:26:30 PM PDT

•  I'm not going to jack this diary (0+ / 0-)

My diary is still where you left it. You spent a whole lot of time, and I see you doing it again here, pretentiously claiming people you disagree with haven't 'done their reading' or 'their homework', a fairly classic defense mechanism of the Right, actually. I don't have a crystal ball. I can't tell what reading it is that the origianl commenter was referring to unless he tells me, and if you're going to join him in telling me that I havent done my reading or my homework then you better be able to point me to a site or a link or something or else its just a cheap, scared little tactic.

Looks like I'm jacking this diary after all. Sorry diarist

by iSenseChange on Wed Jun 09, 2010 at 02:36:53 PM PDT

•  You know, I think most Kossacks would agree (1+ / 0-)
            inforet

That if you're going to run around claiming people haven't "done their homework" or haven't "done their reading," as you have repeatedly in my diary last night and this diary tonight, then it is incumbent upon the commenter to provide a link to this fountain of knowledge he claims to have, NOT the person who is accused of not having done his reading.

by iSenseChange on Wed Jun 09, 2010 at 02:58:04 PM PDT

•  And by the way (1+ / 0-)
      Larsstephens

When did I lose the right to stand up for what I believe in?

When did I lose the right to rebut what I see as lies?

Just because some of you can't see what the President is doing, you assume he's doing absolutely nothing.  I see it differently.  This man has never been one to sit on his behind and just watch from the sidelines.  I've watched, I've read, I've done everything I can to educate myself on what's going on.

And to tell me that I don't have the right to stand up for the President I voted for - to hell with that.

And to hell with you.

by Diogenes2008 on Wed Jun 09, 2010 at 02:24:03 PM PDT

•  You still have all your rights, Drama (0+ / 0-)

Just as Miriam has the right to describe how you

just as I have the right to notice you're doing the exact same thing in this diary.

Look at that, we all have our rights

by iSenseChange on Thu Jun 10, 2010 at 08:48:30 AM PDT

• Marriage Equality (16)
  • Labor (16)
  • Media (15)
  • Elections (15)
  • Education (15)
  • Ireland (14)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (14)
  • Economy (14)
  • Republicans (13)
  • Josh Duggar (13)
  • Racism (11)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site