View Diary: UPDATED: Lawsuit to force anti-Islam ad displayed on buses (161 comments)

•  But ads WERE run against Christians (1+ / 0-)
    Governor McCheese

You quoted it:

"Don't Believe in God? You are not alone"

It's offensive to Christians in the same way this ad is offensive to Muslims.

Minority rights should never be subject to majority vote.

by lostboyjim on Tue Jun 22, 2010 at 01:22:45 PM PDT

•  But that's ok, see (0+ / 0-)

There's MORE of them, so it's ok to offend them, apparently.

•  Do you really feel (0+ / 0-)

christians are having a hard time in this culture?

Really?

I feel it is OK to say what I believe or don't.  If you feel offended, that is on you.
        I don't feel offended by you thinking I am wrong about this god thing, or that I will suffer in eternity.  So a christian shouldn't feel offended if I think they are wasting their time.

Dean would, of course, become DNC Chair over Rahmbo's dead body. I guess it would be a two-fer.

by EvilPaula on Tue Jun 22, 2010 at 02:01:42 PM PDT

•  Didn' say that (0+ / 0-)

christians are having a hard time in this culture?

Really?

Nope. Didn't say that. Still, it doens't make  the argument that It's ok to bash members of a certain group if they happen to be in the majority any more legitimate.

•  OK, well then I need an example of bashing (0+ / 0-)

to see if I agree.

What others consider bashing may be not what I consider bashing.

I think all religions are wrong of course, but I usually only react in any way to some christian or muslim posters as those groups in particular are more into promoting their beliefs to those who are not interested.  But I don't think I bash.
            Poke fun of?  Yes.

by EvilPaula on Tue Jun 22, 2010 at 02:52:27 PM PDT

•  How is that offensive to Christians? (n/t) (2+ / 0-)
      EvilPaula, Darmok

Hige sceal þe heardra, heorte þe cenre, mod sceal þe mare, þe ure mægen lytlað

by milkbone on Tue Jun 22, 2010 at 01:45:34 PM PDT

•  You are extememly over sensitive (2+ / 0-)
      Euroliberal, Boreal Ecologist

if you find

"Don't Believe in God? You are not alone"

offensive.

The target is the audience that may be questioning the concept of god and feel isolated in a society where they are the minority.  And I saw no mention of a christian god, just god in general.

If that is all it takes to set you off...you must have an interesting time at parties.

by EvilPaula on Tue Jun 22, 2010 at 01:58:32 PM PDT

•  How exactly is this offensive to Christians? (0+ / 0-)

I can see how it might be offensive to insecure idiots, but Christians as such?

What would be equivalent would be an add directed at recovering members of some rabid fundy church. Something like this, perhaps.

"Hey, former mouth-breathing, gay bashing mysogynst! Had it to here with Pentecost? We can help: call 1-800-Apostacy."

A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger (Proverbs 15:1)

by Boreal Ecologist on Tue Jun 22, 2010 at 02:20:48 PM PDT