View Diary: Did James Carville email you? (264 comments)

•  Please don't. (0+ / 0-)

Even if you suspect ultra lib is a Republican troll (or just doing a very good imitation of one) the "FreeRepublic (or RedState) is -----> that way" retort is one that we should refrain from. Too many of the defenders-of-the-party-at-all-cost crowd use that exact same comment to shut down dialog. The best defense against ultra lib's ridiculous comments in this thread is to simply ignore them.

DON'T TROLLRATE ME, BRO!

by WisePiper on Tue Jun 29, 2010 at 07:58:15 PM PDT

•  it's folks like you (0+ / 0-)

that insure that DKOS has a balanced opinion. Though you disown it it's clear that you think trolls should be welcomed.

If we don't collaborate to save Alan Grayson's seat then we deserve to be in the wilderness.

by jec on Tue Jun 29, 2010 at 08:34:34 PM PDT

•  On the contrary, my friend, (0+ / 0-)

I think trolls should be ignored with extreme prejudice. Trolls post for attention. Trolls post to sow the seeds of discord. Ignore them and they'll wither away. (And, as I've posted elsewhere, too many kossacks are slinging the "troll" accusation to anyone posting a comment with which they disagree simply to shut down debate.)

DON'T TROLLRATE ME, BRO!

by WisePiper on Tue Jun 29, 2010 at 08:53:32 PM PDT

•  Your opinion doesn't match (0+ / 0-)

your action. You know this guy/girl is a troll but you want to suggest otherwise. It's your opinion have at it.

by jec on Tue Jun 29, 2010 at 09:00:01 PM PDT

•  PCCC sends their donations to Nigeria (0+ / 0-)

where the 'real progressives are' who will 'take back Washington' along with a bunch of other catch phrases.

Look, call me a troll all you want, but this site was totally fucking fleeced by Research 2000 and you are critical of me for bringing up flaw of donating 10$ to a PAC when you could just donate $10 directly to the candidate the PAC claims to support?  All that auto-erotic asphyxiation is killing too many braincells in this crowd lately.

•  And your opinion is unsupported. (0+ / 0-)

I didn't defend ultra lib. I think his/her comments in this thread are ridiculous. I simply asked you to refrain from using a particular shop warn retort that has been used by others ad nauseum indiscriminately against trolls and respected kossacks alike.

My opinion about the uses and abuses of HRs is entirely consistent with my actions.

I will HR racist, homophobic and misogynistic slurs.

I will HR any unsupported accusations that a kossack is a secret paid shill promoting the interests of some politician or corporation.

I will HR any unsupported accusation that a kossack is working toward or hoping for the President to fail.

I will throw a donut in these instances in a heart beat.

I will NOT HR views that, in my view, are simply ignorant.

I will NOT HR anyone who simply calls a kossack an Obamabot or a purity troll, or uses some other disrespectful characterization of their adversary's political position. I will just chuckle to myself, "What a jackass."

DON'T TROLLRATE ME, BRO!

by WisePiper on Tue Jun 29, 2010 at 09:27:21 PM PDT

•  You are a troll (1+ / 0-)
              WisePiper

by jec on Tue Jun 29, 2010 at 10:57:05 PM PDT

•  (What a jackass :-) (0+ / 0-)

DON'T TROLLRATE ME, BRO!

by WisePiper on Tue Jun 29, 2010 at 11:25:36 PM PDT

•  Thank you... (0+ / 0-)

I'm an aprreciative jackass, as long as I can call out trolls. And I think I have. Defend ultra lib all you want. I'm not sure you'll greatful for it later.

by jec on Wed Jun 30, 2010 at 01:01:55 AM PDT

•  Are you fucking serious? (0+ / 0-)

Is your idea of a dialog a process where you simply ignore the words typed between your own comments?

"RedState is that way ---->" (or FreeRepublic) just happens to be a phrase that I've come to detest. It's employed most notably in the bwd threads in an attempt to censor anyone who dares to call into question any actions of the President or the party.

I took the trouble to review your comments and uprates over the past couple weeks, and I was amazed (given your interaction with me in this particular thread) to find that you and I are in basic agreement on a large majority of the issues we discuss here at DKos.

I just happen to believe that HR abuse has become rampant here this year. As I stated upthread, I'm totally supportive of hiding racist, homophobic and misogynistic slurs, and also hiding unsupportable smears of other kossacks motives.

Frankly, I wouldn't have reacted negatively if you'd HR'd ultra lib's comments. I think they walked a fine line between trollish and just ignorant, and I'd have extended you the benefit of the doubt.

I simply objected to your employing a particular phrase that is often used just to stifle debate. I've witnessed it thrown at long time, respected kossacks. It pushes my buttons.

So, feel free to ignore this comment as you have my others. You want to call me a troll again, have at it. I've done my best to explain where I was coming from.

DON'T TROLLRATE ME, BRO!

by WisePiper on Wed Jun 30, 2010 at 01:45:29 AM PDT

•  And, just so you don't misunderstand me (0+ / 0-)

yet again, I am NOT suggesting ultra lib is a "long time respected kossack."

He/she is an idiot, if not a troll.

DON'T TROLLRATE ME, BRO!