View Diary: Who is Elizabeth Warren? (317 comments)

•  Well, isn't that funny (5+ / 0-)

it's not what you quoted me as saying, is it? But because of your impairment I went back to the video to transcribe just for you what the "cranky" Warren said, around 57minutes:

Kreisler: One last question...How...What can people do about all this? The audience out there watching? Should they become part of consumer groups? Should they get involved in campaigns? What do you advise them to do?

Warren: Yes. Yes, that's part of it. Part of it is they need to do...it's the think globally act locally. Partly they need to do it with their own spending....It's partly about politics. If you don't email your congresswoman or congressman and your Senator, then you are part of the problem today.

I'm sorry Warren's suggestion makes you cringe.

You seem to have missed that I was summarizing the video content. (Comprehension...comprehension...)

"It's not like she's marrying out of her species or anything," Ms. Lynch said.

by mem from somerville on Sat Jul 17, 2010 at 07:18:04 AM PDT

•  Thanks for the clarification (0+ / 0-)

Do you support her for the job?

There's no honorable way to kill, no gentle way to destroy. There is nothing good in war. Except its ending.

by Betty Pinson on Sat Jul 17, 2010 at 07:20:48 AM PDT

•  Reading comprehension Betty.... (5+ / 0-)

are you like the short-term memory guy or something? Check the tip jar.

"It's not like she's marrying out of her species or anything," Ms. Lynch said.

by mem from somerville on Sat Jul 17, 2010 at 07:24:12 AM PDT

•  Lack of quotation marks (0+ / 0-)

Your diary is confusing, it's difficult to tell which quotes are hers and yours since there is no use of quotation marks or block quoting. The DKos FAQ section has information on how to use those functions.

I'm a forgiving person, so you're forgiven.

So what is your action item?  Do you support Warren for the job? Will you be unhappy if Obama doesn't appoint her?

by Betty Pinson on Sat Jul 17, 2010 at 07:37:02 AM PDT

•  Alas, Betty (4+ / 0-)

do you not see my blockquote of the exact quote from her?  And the part where I said I'm summarizing the video for people who maybe can't watch it?

I feel for you Betty. It must be hard for you to have these difficulties. And it's unfortunate that you have to resort to fiction to make your points. But I'm trying to be understanding of your deficiencies.

The action here is for people to get to know Warren. Sorry, I thought that was clear.

I would be disappointed if she doesn't get this office. But I'm not presuming disappointment like many others here. That's not the way I live.

"It's not like she's marrying out of her species or anything," Ms. Lynch said.

by mem from somerville on Sat Jul 17, 2010 at 07:47:28 AM PDT

•  I wish this were your only "action" (4+ / 0-)
              emal, EvilPaula, Betty Pinson, PhilJD

I think the intention was to provide information AND a place for smug commentary that continues the derailment of this site.

You could do two things to change that and then I, and I'm fairly sure a few others would be happy to tip and rec this diary.

1. Remove the Huffington post line in the diary.
              1. As the diarist wishing to promote a superbly qualified candidate for the post rather than promote divisiveness, you should remove your 4's on the sarcastic and divisive comments.

Education is too big to fail. Truth is too big to fail. Justice is too big to fail. Peace is too big to fail.

by Burned on Sat Jul 17, 2010 at 08:16:03 AM PDT

•  I just checked (1+ / 0-)
              DeepLooker

There is no block quote or quotation marks. Just sayin.

It's a shame you can't engage in real discussion.

by Betty Pinson on Sat Jul 17, 2010 at 08:21:46 AM PDT

•  Oh, Betty, I'm sorry (3+ / 0-)
                askew, ChurchofBruce, Cedwyn

I had no idea your vision was impaired too. I'll show you the bigger part that is a direct quote, in a blockquote, with quotation marks. Clickfor the larger version:
                Photobucket

See: that's what a direct quote looks like. The other part was my summary of the video as I had stated. I'm sorry you can't see the difference.

To further assist you, let me show you one that is not a direct quote, but a fiction created by you: Photobucket

I deeply apologize for you not understanding the part where I said I was summarizing the video. I had assumed people had better reading comprehension that and would be able to follow along through several paragraphs.

"It's not like she's marrying out of her species or anything," Ms. Lynch said.

by mem from somerville on Sat Jul 17, 2010 at 09:22:15 AM PDT