View Diary: Open thread for night owls: Van Jones (165 comments)

•  So much for the "big conspiracy" earlier that MB (9+ / 0-)

had purposely stopped posting about Van JOnes's speech, to censor it.

That commenter that alleged that really needs to take a  long break and BREATHE! :)

•  Strange I read that comment (4+ / 0-)
      soms, sherijr, foufou, moonpal

and didn't read it as a 'conspiratoical' type of comment at all. I didn't see the 'censor' line, just that he didn't add it to his blog.

Sounds like a loong breath is in order, indeed.

Please vote Democratic in November. If the GOP wins we will all be forced backward another decade, who wants that?

by Wary on Fri Jul 23, 2010 at 09:44:57 PM PDT

•  asdf (4+ / 0-)
        KateG, willibro, WisePiper, blueoasis

This was what I was referring to: total bullshit speculation:

Notice how MB stopped updating his diary.

I thought that was really funny.

Let's see how long Van Jones remains progressive hero du jour. There won't be a bus big enough and going fast enough to throw him under.

LOL! Oh God. Sometimes the left cracks me up.

"Palin tried marijuana years ago. She said it distorted her perceptions & impaired her thinking. She hopes the effects will eventually one day wear off." - Leno

by ma

and then this later, by the same commenter about MB:

I won't assume the worst about him as soon (6+ / 0-)

as he stops assuming the worst about the President and those of us who supports him.

•  People are off the rails. (3+ / 0-)
          OLinda, joanneleon, JanL

The divide is getting deeper every day. Sad.

There is no more important struggle for American democracy than ensuring a diverse, independent and free media. - Bill Moyers

by StepLeftStepForward on Sat Jul 24, 2010 at 02:21:21 AM PDT

•  to bring the whole thing back (4+ / 0-)

I knew as soon as I posted that first comment I shouldn't have done it.

I apologize for responding to the first comment about the 'conspiracy' comment.  I see that in doing so, I gave the one who made it the opporturity to repost the whole comment to relive it again for justification.

by Wary on Sat Jul 24, 2010 at 04:06:09 AM PDT

•  and did you see some of us (2+ / 0-)
          foufou, StepLeftStepForward

in the "o-bot" camp who maybe even recced that comment and tend to agree with marabout push back on that immediately?  or did you want to focus on the negative?

"It's baffling when the netroots bash Obama" ~Van Jones, 7/23/10

by mallyroyal on Sat Jul 24, 2010 at 05:57:51 AM PDT

•  i saw 59 people rec it (0+ / 0-)

and very few call her on it

•  then you saw me do both. (1+ / 0-)
              foufou

look people have been banging those of us not livid at the admin with "van jones van jones how could he do that to van jones" since he resigned.

so you can't blame some of us for feeling vindicated that he holds the same view (ostensibly) we do on certain kinds of pushback against the admin, considering he's one of the few people who, on the face of it, could have really gone after the admin for "throwing him under the bus".

and when you see a front pager, and such a respected arbiter of the rules of the site create the diary, update, update, update... then when mr. jones weighs in a topic that's been basically tearing dkos apart... nothing... you really can't blame some of us for wondering what that was about.

as I said I tend to agree with marabout as regards the way criticism is leveled around these parts.  I just wasn't willing to go as far as she was, while I understood the genesis of thought.

does that make sense?

"It's baffling when the netroots bash Obama" ~Van Jones, 7/23/10

by mallyroyal on Sat Jul 24, 2010 at 09:10:22 AM PDT

•  she did not really mean it BL (13+ / 0-)

when you're not feeling good?
      you just view things differently for a day.
      she posted she was in a lot of pain today.
      i know some thing that does not matter.
      but we also have compassion here.
      i know you do.
      i should not speak for her. it's not right.

"Oh no...you changed your hair color? It's just so dark. You like it? And with your skin tone?" My Beloved Mom, December 25 2007, once again on notice.

by Christin on Fri Jul 23, 2010 at 10:13:28 PM PDT

•  I'll take your word on that (7+ / 0-)

But meant it or not, it appeared to be a pretty cheap shot. And when she was called on it in reply comments she seemed to double down.

I hope you urge her to chill a bit, if she's indeed not feeling well.

Thanks for the feedback,
        --BL

•  Cheap shots seem to be a dime a dozen... (10+ / 0-)

...right now.

I'm not so worried about the disagreements on dKos.  Intelligent, politically committed people disagree. Hard times--socially and politically--tend to stoke the fires of disagreement.

But I wish that we'd express our disagreements more substantively and with more respect for the integrity of our progressive opponents.

There's far too much energy invested in finding gotcha moments and scoring cheap points.

Listening to what Van Jones has to say? An excellent idea!

"Van Jones says the netroots criticize Obama too much, so bwd is RIGHT and critics are TEH SUXXOR!!!!"? Not so much.

Obama's belief in the rule of law apparently takes the back seat to Obama's belief in his own ability to make the right call as executive. - Scott Horton

by GreenSooner on Sat Jul 24, 2010 at 12:08:58 AM PDT