View Diary: Daily Kos Gulf Watchers ROV #251 - 101 Days and Counting - BP's Gulf Catastrophe (335 comments)

•  I'm not the one who's sick as a dog (3+ / 0-)
    rubyr, CindyMax, David PA

and still up at this hour.

What about you?

Perfection of means and confusion of goals characterize our time. -- Albert Einstein

by Yasuragi on Thu Jul 29, 2010 at 10:12:07 PM PDT

•  I am sick as a dog and it's making me (3+ / 0-)
      CindyMax, David PA, Yasuragi

feel restless and wild, which seems contrary to nature but I am contrary by nature, I guess.

You didn't answer my question...

"...always that space b/tween what you feel and, what you do, in that gap all human sadness lies. Blue Dog

by rubyr on Thu Jul 29, 2010 at 10:14:11 PM PDT

•  Did too. (3+ / 0-)
        rubyr, CindyMax, David PA

And I still say the same thing to you.

You probably have fever.  You need to be drinking fluids, and sleeping.  And peeing now and then.  But mostly drinking and sleeping.

I'm not one to go even when I should, but I gotta ask -- should you see a doc?

by Yasuragi on Thu Jul 29, 2010 at 10:18:35 PM PDT

•  I hate doctors. I will go to acupucture if (3+ / 0-)
          CindyMax, David PA, Yasuragi

things get worse but it's not serious, just boring.

by rubyr on Thu Jul 29, 2010 at 10:37:37 PM PDT

•  If you go to Chinatown, get yourself some (3+ / 0-)
            rubyr, CindyMax, David PA

Gan Mao Ling.

Too late now for it -- you have to take it three to four times a day the minute you feel something coming on.  But I always have some in the house.

And, sad to say, try to find some made in the US.  These days you can't trust meds that come from China.  Which is a real shame.  They have some great stuff.  But if comes through an apothecary you trust, or your acupuncturist, it's probably okay.

by Yasuragi on Thu Jul 29, 2010 at 10:46:12 PM PDT

•  That is just bizarre. If I had to call a doctor (3+ / 0-)
              rubyr, David PA, Yasuragi

a "primary" doctor, I would call my doctor of Chinese medicine the primary one. He did such a good job I haven't had to go since last summer. He uses crude herbs. I leave with 7-10 little brown paper lunch bags of herbs that have to be cooked twice a day. Hold your nose and chug it. But I agree, I no longer trust herbs from China for a number of reasons. Acupuncture works great.

...and regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition--Douglas Adams

by CindyMax on Thu Jul 29, 2010 at 11:02:32 PM PDT

•  My acupuncturist is also an MD -- (3+ / 0-)
                rubyr, CindyMax, David PA

I got the best of both worlds.  Been with him around twenty-five years now.

Went to an herbalist who works the way yours does, only he grinds the herbs and has you take them with water.  Was easier to just toss a spoonful of the stuff to the back of my throat and then drink a ton of water than to mix it in water and have to taste it all that time.

Didn't really do much for me.  I know lots of people he helped, but acupuncture seems more effective for me (with a few herbal supplements -- in pill form, thank FSM) than the herbs did.

We all keep finding all these amazing things in common.

You think if this disaster hadn't happened, we'd all have met somewhere else anyway?

by Yasuragi on Thu Jul 29, 2010 at 11:06:43 PM PDT

•  Not likely. This forum has expanded (4+ / 0-)
                  rubyr, Wee Mama, David PA, Yasuragi

my horizon, that's for sure.

Glad you have a good doc. I thought about mentioning Chinese medicine to you, but thought better of it.  My official primary care doc is from India and calls Chinese medicine junk. Fortunately I only see him once a year for a check-up. At least he supports my vegetarianism.

by CindyMax on Thu Jul 29, 2010 at 11:15:52 PM PDT

•  That's something, at least. (3+ / 0-)
                    rubyr, CindyMax, David PA

I still go to a doc on the island if I need tests or anything -- my acu/MD doesn't stock the usual medical office.  But he's been great about being my mostly-primary.  I love that guy.

We had an e-mail last week.  I have a puncture wound on my right forefinger that's causing numbness, and it wasn't getting better.  I asked him some questions, he gave me some answers... then I decided to do some minor surgery on it.  ;)

Made it better, too, it seems, though still don't have feeling back.

Anyway, he wrote when he didn't hear back from me, just said "what's up?"  So I wrote him back and told him about my reckless little surgery experiment.  He wrote me back: "You're your own MASH unit."

I love that guy.

Oh, said that already, didn't I.

by Yasuragi on Thu Jul 29, 2010 at 11:23:18 PM PDT

• Labor (18)
  • Law (18)
  • Spam (17)
  • Barack Obama (17)
  • Media (17)
  • Republicans (17)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (15)
  • White House (14)
  • International (13)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site