View Diary: Deficit peacock Blue Dogs reap earmark rewards (29 comments)

•  How much pork would a Republican district get (6+ / 0-)

if the Republican Congressperson voted against the party's leadership?  Probably zero, but nobody knows because it's never happened.  Disagree with their ideology, but they know how to get results.

Barack Obama in the Oval Office: There's a black man who knows his place.

by Greasy Grant on Tue Aug 03, 2010 at 06:19:16 PM PDT

•  No (0+ / 0-)

Formerly known as Jyrinx.

“If I can't dance to it, it's not my revolution.” ― Emma Goldman

by Code Monkey on Tue Aug 03, 2010 at 06:30:55 PM PDT

•  (Ugh. (0+ / 0-)

The iPad keyboard makes it a bit dangerous to try to backspace in a subject line, since you might accidentally hit return twice, which previews and immediately submits the comment …)

Formerly known as Jyrinx.

“If I can't dance to it, it's not my revolution.” ― Emma Goldman

by Code Monkey on Tue Aug 03, 2010 at 06:34:42 PM PDT

•  Not completely true; (0+ / 0-)

consider the revolt over Bush's immigration proposals.

Also, if you think the Blue Dogs get away with bucking the administration all the time, I suggest you misunderstand what the leadership wants. When someone is really voting against them, they get the hammer all right.

Formerly known as Jyrinx.

“If I can't dance to it, it's not my revolution.” ― Emma Goldman

by Code Monkey on Tue Aug 03, 2010 at 06:33:30 PM PDT

•  Examples ? n/t (0+ / 0-)

The Teabaggers are the GOP base

by stevej on Tue Aug 03, 2010 at 06:42:03 PM PDT

•  The first war supplemental. (0+ / 0-)

(You know, the one that was pledged to high heaven to be the only war supplemental.)

Freshman Dems were threatened not just with losing pork but with having their reelection campaigns defunded.

Formerly known as Jyrinx.

“If I can't dance to it, it's not my revolution.” ― Emma Goldman

• Education (18)
  • Hillary Clinton (18)
  • Racism (17)
  • Freddie Gray (17)
  • Politics (16)
  • Barack Obama (16)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site