View Diary: Google decides it can be evil, sells out on net neutrality--Updated (131 comments)

•  Then sell your stock (1+ / 0-)
    thenekkidtruth

That'll show'em

Respect everyone, fear no one

by sigsauerdude on Thu Aug 05, 2010 at 11:36:06 AM PDT

•  Already did, actually (1+ / 0-)
      Mehitabel9

Not that I really think boycotts mean very much, but I'm compelled as a Buddhist to respect the Eightfold Path:

» Right Understanding
      » Right Thought
      » Right Speech
      » Right Action
      » Right Livelihood
      » Right Effort
      » Right Mindfulness
      » Right Concentration

Google has violated several of these, which compels me to disassociate.

I bought Cisco instead.

This is America. Huge multinationals choose our political officials here.

by thenekkidtruth on Thu Aug 05, 2010 at 11:51:49 AM PDT

•  Good for you. Cisco is a very (1+ / 0-)
        sacrelicious

solid company and if you think they follow your moral values it is a great place to put your money.

Respect everyone, fear no one

by sigsauerdude on Thu Aug 05, 2010 at 12:27:31 PM PDT

•  Cisco? enabler of the Great Firewall of China? (0+ / 0-)

You should really do your research a bit more than acting hastily.

I'm not the biggest fan of Google but they're miles ahead of Cisco when it comes to ethical behavior.

Make sure everyone's vote counts: Verified Voting

by sacrelicious on Thu Aug 05, 2010 at 01:53:05 PM PDT

•  Sure, actually I stock my portfolio with (0+ / 0-)

offerings I'm certain are squeaky clean because I was born yesterday, and I can't see a reason in the world why research would be called for.  There. Is that what you wanted to hear?

Everyone's a smug, self-righteous, finger-wagging ethicist until you find out what products they support.

My ethics are my business and I do a damm fine job of them. Go away.

This is America. Huge multinationals choose our political officials here.

by thenekkidtruth on Thu Aug 05, 2010 at 02:16:30 PM PDT

•  Stop taking internet postings personally (0+ / 0-)

Your original snark was indistinguishable from the other comments.

And when I respond in earnest you lash back?

CTFO.

Make sure everyone's vote counts: Verified Voting

by sacrelicious on Thu Aug 05, 2010 at 02:28:13 PM PDT

•  Stop posting personal attacks (0+ / 0-)

I'll admit it.  Chippy juveniles on this site with lots of personal criticism based on zero facts are beginning to get to me.

And I told you to go away.

This is America. Huge multinationals choose our political officials here.

by thenekkidtruth on Thu Aug 05, 2010 at 02:34:08 PM PDT