View Diary: Daily Kos Gulf Watchers ROV #327 - Endless Fishin' - BP's Gulf Catastrophe (280 comments)

•  Yasuragi, I commend your calm. (5+ / 0-)

My fury on this is cold burning hot. The kind of hot that no one wants to be around.

I'm also refraining from greater expression. I have a seafaring background, have greatly honed cussing skills (high importance in our family), but I don't cuss on-line (I have my reasons) although I don't care what others do. I have made my mother proud and sailors blush. Fishgrease and I could speak in only cuss, I suspect.

I'm ready. Seriously. I'm ready to face them down.

I have SLE. If I were out there, even innocently walking by, I would have on a hat and a scarf. I'm known for wearing scarves and folks think it's my style. Well, there's a pragmatic reason (there is for most of the SLE masking I do). I often take my scarf and put it over my head for extra sun protection.

I'm ready to go out there, take my scarves and walk through those protests. I would walk right up to someone and invite them to blow me away. Really, I have nothing to lose. If this is my country, we're all lost. Let them get their 15 minutes of fame (+ 30 years) for blowing away a 100 lb chaplain gramma with Lupus.

I deeply fear that it will take a martyr to end this. It could have been that man yesterday was the ticker running in my brain while I watched the video and that simply made me writhe in agony.

You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else. -- Sir Winston Churchill

by bleeding heart on Tue Aug 24, 2010 at 10:56:18 AM PDT

•  you (4+ / 0-)
      peraspera, KenBee, bleeding heart, DawnN

and many others doing the same thing at the same time would serve to establish majority. and prevent anyone's death. provokation isn't needed.

visualize john lewis at the bridge...

The Addington perpwalk is the trailhead for accountability in this wound on our national psyche. [...you know: Dick Cheney's "top" lawyer.] --Sachem

by greenbird on Tue Aug 24, 2010 at 11:05:26 AM PDT

•  I am so ready. (4+ / 0-)
        greenbird, cotterperson, peraspera, KenBee

It would be nice to avoid any harm, but they couldn't in the civil rights movement and I'm afraid we're back there.

But despite everything else going on in this earth, if my family's long history in this country, the settling that it did of this country, including establishing separation of church and state by my own family (long story), I would be there, ready to march as a group directly at and into that hate mob. Or I'll do it by myself if presented the opportunity. I'm not afraid. My life hasn't been one for sissies and I'm not about to worry now. And I'd rather do it alone, quite frankly, if I seriously thought there would be harm done. I wouldn't ask anyone else to risk that way.

Everyone has their button issue. Around here, we have lots of them or at least I do. But this one, of all the issues, this goes directly to my genetics and guts, largely because of family history.

by bleeding heart on Tue Aug 24, 2010 at 11:38:24 AM PDT

•  i will be standing (3+ / 0-)
          cotterperson, KenBee, bleeding heart

right beside you, in my best old clothes, with my arm in yours, and singing, goddamnit, because there are old words made new in the promise of songs sung during john lewis' struggle. it is a tragedy that i can only do this vicariously, but you know now that i will be there. SING!

by greenbird on Tue Aug 24, 2010 at 11:47:51 AM PDT

•  betcha we're (3+ / 0-)
          cotterperson, KenBee, bleeding heart

related. (not kidding.)

by greenbird on Tue Aug 24, 2010 at 11:49:05 AM PDT

•  I'm afraid I'll have to ask for your papers... :) (2+ / 0-)
            cotterperson, KenBee

But I noticed the singing part, so that's a match.

My family history reads like an American history lesson. If you have a certain Episcopal Bishop in your background ... or the Massachusetts Bay Colony guv John Winthrop ... or the Smithtown Smiths...

Ohhhh, now I'm curious!!

And yes, I'd sing all the way -- I've got tons I could think of! I bet you could too.

by bleeding heart on Tue Aug 24, 2010 at 12:05:54 PM PDT