View Diary: Bill Moyers wants you to read this (259 comments)

•  Perhaps I erred in my words then. (0+ / 0-)

Those countries serve to point out that single payer is not the only way to provide universal, affordable care. The fact I erred in my words doesn't change that. Germany, Switzerland, and Japan are not the quintessential public systems, yet they provide universal care through private channels. The government reimburses, regulates, and mandates.

I find your numbers suspect, it seems you copy-pasted from Wikipedia.

What is reading but a silent conversation?

by CalliopeIrjaPearl on Mon Aug 30, 2010 at 04:54:47 PM PDT

•  Wait .. You tihnk I 'copied from Wikipedia' (4+ / 0-)
      musicalhair, Big Tex, wsexson, m00finsan

so my 'numbers are suspect', yet you post pure tripe?

Please. Spare me.

Suspect? Yeah.
      I think you are quite suspect.

I was polite.

Now that this Beck Ruptures thing is over, back to reality for the suckers.

by shpilk on Mon Aug 30, 2010 at 05:00:43 PM PDT

•  Did I ever say you weren't polite? (0+ / 0-)

As the old adage, goes, anyone can put anything on Wikipedia. Forgive me, honorable one, for being weary of shit people post on the internet.

Instead of talking about what may be wrong with my analysis, you descend into ad hominem? I post "pure tripe", I'm "quite suspect". You're no longer talking about the substance of what I've said, you're talking about what you believe are my personal shortcomings. It's the oldest trick in the book, and logically fallacious to boot.

Here's the part where I predict you're going to say that my opinions have no substance. Yeah, yeah. I've been labeled a concern troll by some, a bitch by others. I've heard it all before.

What is reading but a silent conversation?

by CalliopeIrjaPearl on Mon Aug 30, 2010 at 05:26:00 PM PDT

•  "Whaa, whaaa, whaaaa." (2+ / 0-)
          Big Tex, m00finsan

Add WATB to your list, it's growing.

Now that this Beck Ruptures thing is over, back to reality for the suckers.

by shpilk on Mon Aug 30, 2010 at 05:42:03 PM PDT

•  Be an adult and don't hide behind acronyms. (0+ / 0-)

You can say whiney ass titty baby online, internet tough guy. Don't be casually dismissive of me because we don't agree on matters of policy. I'm attempting to hold a constructive discourse, and you're behaving like a recalcitrant child.

What is reading but a silent conversation?

by CalliopeIrjaPearl on Mon Aug 30, 2010 at 05:47:26 PM PDT

•  From where I'm sitting, (4+ / 0-)

it seems the reason that shpilk was being casually dismissive of you is because he pointed out that you were wildly inaccurate in your description of the health care systems of Germany, Japan and Switzerland, and your response was to accuse him of cutting and pasting from a Wikipedia article -- when in fact, the information he presented could have been drawn from any number of perfectly acceptable sources after a few simple Google searches.  You know, the ones you apparently failed to do.

Proud member of the unpaid "professional left" since 8/10/2010 / Viva Canadian healthcare! Death to the Pentagon! Free Mumia!

by Big Tex on Mon Aug 30, 2010 at 10:10:55 PM PDT

•  Maybe YOU should have checked Wikipedia. (3+ / 0-)
      shpilk, wsexson, m00finsan

Then maybe you wouldn't have gotten your facts wrong.

by Big Tex on Mon Aug 30, 2010 at 05:55:24 PM PDT