View Diary: FL-SEN: The only logical choice. (92 comments)

•  Coming in from Tallahassee (4+ / 0-)
    HeyMikey, lordcopper, JWSwift, vc2

i have to vote Crist, Meek is a clown and more importantly a clown with no chance to win. Rubio is a complete douchebag and a real-life, tax cutting in the face of economic ruin, bad guy he has to be stopped and I hope my vote is the one that does it.

After they drove the car into the ditch, made it as difficult as possible for us to pull it back, now they want to keys back. No! You can't drive!

by tygerwilde on Thu Sep 16, 2010 at 02:03:12 PM PDT

•  Really? Meek's a clown? (1+ / 0-)
      Situational Lefty

and what exactly is Crist? The man who flip flops more than a fish.

Support Progressive Candidates!

by ndrwmls10 on Thu Sep 16, 2010 at 02:31:08 PM PDT

•  But he's flopped-over to our side for now (0+ / 0-)

That's what's important. For now.

We don't have to trust him, but with him painting himself into an almost progressive corner with his recent position papers (see my other comment downthread) that would be hard for him to run away from, signs are at least positive that he'd be FAR more on our side than Rubio would be (that much we know for sure!)

Moreover, while he hasn't been the biggest friend to Progressive causes during his term as Governor, his record is not one of trying to teabag the state (which he could have done) and we KNOW that Rubio WOULD do.

Never has so much been taken from so many by so few for so long...

by JWSwift on Thu Sep 16, 2010 at 02:50:30 PM PDT

•  Given his position on (0+ / 0-)

gay rights in the past, I cannot support him in anyway.

Support Progressive Candidates!

by ndrwmls10 on Thu Sep 16, 2010 at 04:23:29 PM PDT

•  Charlie Crist... (0+ / 0-)

...will support it once he sees the poll results. M. Rubio won't support it at all because he thinks their undesirable. K. Meek is irrelevant.

Looking at it reasonably, you should support C. Crist and work to get the issues' poll numbers up. Then you will have a "fierce advocate".

In a Democracy, everything is politics.

by Nightshade Q on Thu Sep 16, 2010 at 05:36:43 PM PDT

•  I'm sure (0+ / 0-)

because that has worked out so well with our President the "fierce advocate". Were was Charlie Crist when there was a referendum on the ballot to make gay adoption illegal. He was supporting it. I could see him not saying anything about it, but he supported it. I'm not going to except his "change" on the issue. Especially when it is of some speculation that he himself is gay. If it turns out that he is. I will dislike him more for it.

Support Progressive Candidates!

by ndrwmls10 on Thu Sep 16, 2010 at 07:07:17 PM PDT

•  Fair enough... (0+ / 0-)

...since you would apparently purge B. Obama.

Actually, that is unfair. You would vote for B. Obama because R. Nader is not on the ballot. Your choices are Marco "they are undesirable" Rubio and Charlie "if its popular, I am for it" Crist. Obviously, one is by far better.

In a Democracy, everything is politics.

by Nightshade Q on Thu Sep 16, 2010 at 08:02:45 PM PDT

•  Well I'm not a Floridian voter (0+ / 0-)

so..... But if Meek dropped out of the race I would detest myself and support a terrible man name Crist, because you are right Marco Rubio is dangerous.

You also presume that I don't like President Obama. I do. He has not been a "fierce advocate" of my rights. But I guess when it comes down to it not many are. I would still gladly vote for President Obama even though he has a spotty record on helping my people.

Support Progressive Candidates!

by ndrwmls10 on Thu Sep 16, 2010 at 08:38:14 PM PDT

•  See, I don't get this kind of reasoning (0+ / 0-)

Yes, Crist HAS been against LGBT rights in the past. He seems to be (mostly) in favor of them now. He's actually ON-RECORD with his recent position papers.

Does that mean it's a genuine change of heart and we should forgive him? No. And who cares?

How bad the guy has been in the past has NOTHING to do with just how much WORSE Rubio would be if he gets into office. So if someone's answer to this "lesser of two evils" conundrum is to say, "He's been bad on these issues in the past, I cannot support him now," without taking into account the alternative (Rubio) then you seem willing to cut off your nose to spite your face. And I just don't get that.

If I had a better choice, I'd vote for it in a nanosecond. That better choice doesn't exist.

Never has so much been taken from so many by so few for so long...

by JWSwift on Thu Sep 16, 2010 at 09:34:58 PM PDT