View Diary: FL-SEN: The only logical choice. (92 comments)

•  I live in FL as well. and i hold no illusions (1+ / 0-)
    Nightshade Q

regarding Crist's integrity, but he is the stronger candidate.  Cloaking Meek in the label of "progressive", whatever the hell that is, doesn't make him a stronger candidate.  The guy inherited his mother's seat, has very little statewide backing, and wouldn't win this race even if Crist dropped out.  Meek's problem is part race, part being unknown, and the fact that this would be a tough cycle for Democrats anyway.  The handwriting's been on the wall for months.  The only role that Meek can play in this election is spoiler.

"Because I am a river to my people."

by lordcopper on Thu Sep 16, 2010 at 05:14:25 PM PDT

•  Claiming he is NOT a progressive is what I bristle (1+ / 0-)
      lordcopper
      at. It's unnecessary and false based on his public voting record. My point is not that anyone needs to make an argument for why Kendrick is a strong candidate... that ship has sailed. But one doesn't have to tear him down in a disingenuous attempt to puff Crist up either. Crist is no progressive, no Democrat and is only loyal to what gets him further ahead on his own trajectory. I can accept that. I can also accept that barring indictment (of any of all 3 candidates) the best chance to defeat Rubio is to vote for Crist. Don't think those ideas are mutually exclusive. That said, even if Meek decides to leave the race I hope he  stays in well into October when it will be too late for Crist to take advantage of the freedom to backpeddle to the right before voting day.

"We will extend a hand if you are willing to unclench your fist" --- President Barack Obama, 1-20-2009.

by tier1express on Thu Sep 16, 2010 at 05:35:52 PM PDT

•  Are the votes... (0+ / 0-)

...that make him a "progressive" the same ones that make him corrupt? I know the word progressive is poorly defined but I never thought it was a synonym for corrupt.

In a Democracy, everything is politics.

by Nightshade Q on Thu Sep 16, 2010 at 05:52:17 PM PDT

•  I've heard the accusations against Meek, but to (0+ / 0-)

be honest, I haven't gotten past his poor campaign.  Meek could be the "Messiah" and I would have to vote for Crist, because he's run such a poor campaign and has no prospect of winning.

"Because I am a river to my people."

by lordcopper on Thu Sep 16, 2010 at 06:26:40 PM PDT

•  Did I miss an indictment/trial? (0+ / 0-)

And of course, I certainly missed your "fair and balanced" expose of Charlie Crist ethical/legal troubles as well! Your selectivity is what irks me.

by tier1express on Thu Sep 16, 2010 at 07:22:30 PM PDT

•  This is getting annoying. (0+ / 0-)

If you are going to comment on something at least read it first. You maintain K. Meek is progressive. I maintain that he can't since, according to C.R.E.W., he is corrupt. Nowhere do those statements talk to the nature of C. Crist. Additionally, if you want to know about C. Crist, the link takes you to it, all you have to do is scroll to it.

In a Democracy, everything is politics.

by Nightshade Q on Thu Sep 16, 2010 at 07:59:20 PM PDT

•  Look I have a certain amount of respect for (0+ / 0-)

Meek because he was the only Democrat to "step up" and challenge Crist.  But he has to be able to read the writing on the wall and realize that he's about to do serious harm to his constituents (and the rest of the US if he allows Rubio in the Senate).  The only thing that Meek can hang his hat on is that he's a "progressive".  That's just not good enough for this Democrat.

"Because I am a river to my people."

by lordcopper on Thu Sep 16, 2010 at 06:22:54 PM PDT