View Diary: Dan Savage's "Masturbate to Christine O'Donnell Day" as a satire on right-wing men. (113 comments)

•  So men don't like to appear to have (0+ / 0-)

big "packages"? Why am I subjected to Extenze ads on every other channel on cable after midnight?

Most women don't want to be mocked as someone who would "service" multiple guys at once.

It is demeaning. Most of the commenters yukking it up here wouldn't want their female loved ones portrayed this way.

They are still two conniving, contemptible human beings. Can't we stay focused on other failings (other than attractive women caught in a mouth open pose) and keep these women from rising into a position in govt that threatens most of what we care about?

Oh, and how were they "caught in lewd and adulterous situations"- because they laughed or shouted and were female and wore lipstick?

How do you determine the death toll from plain hard lives? joedemocrat

by blindyone on Thu Sep 23, 2010 at 08:49:37 PM PDT

•  My own comment and image (0+ / 0-)

could have easily been that of a male, maybe Mike Huckabee or any other hawking reverend of the right, including the awkward hand/mouth position and minus the lipstick (perhaps).  My motivation to create the O'Donnell LOLpic comes from a sense of hypocrisy, and not that of an attack on gender.

I understand where you are coming from as far as I can.  Without having walked in the shoes of a female, I understand that as a male, our gender has an unfair advantage.

So I don't expect you to remove your HR.  But I will reiterate that my own motivation was not based on sexism.  I guess you'll either accept this or not.

On the television screen were ballerinas. -- Kurt Vonnegut

by bsmechanic on Thu Sep 23, 2010 at 09:02:49 PM PDT

•  Thank you for your reply. I am going to leave (1+ / 0-)
        bsmechanic

the HR just to show some opposition to these images on this site. I'm pretty sure that your comment will be supported enough not to be hidden.

If you have any more time or interest in following up here... where do you see the hypocrisy?

Because she has admitted that she isn't a virgin but is trying to lecture others on how to behave? I agree that is ridiculous but I don't think that will turn any voters. Talking about her basically embezzling campaign funds might though.

How do you determine the death toll from plain hard lives? joedemocrat

by blindyone on Thu Sep 23, 2010 at 09:42:35 PM PDT

•  I guess it's not so much hypocrisy (1+ / 0-)
          blindyone

as it is with wrapping my brain around someone who has had sex, and could decry masturbation, in the same breath.

It's close enough to hypocrisy for me, as a long-time follower of the Republican party as an ongoing defoliant in the garden of natural sexuality.

When considering such images as those of Palin and O'Donnell, I agree that they might not be well served on this site.  Though I guarantee you there will be some Republican males downloading this junk.

On the television screen were ballerinas. -- Kurt Vonnegut

by bsmechanic on Thu Sep 23, 2010 at 09:59:20 PM PDT

•  Oh, I don't know. I think that most Republicans (1+ / 0-)
            bsmechanic

enjoy sex too. They just want to keep all the fun to themselves- kind of like how they are with money, property, country club memberships and so on.

I do agree that she is a hypocrite out front and probably a liar behind the scenes.

Have a nice evening... or, maybe, morning.

How do you determine the death toll from plain hard lives? joedemocrat

by blindyone on Thu Sep 23, 2010 at 10:06:52 PM PDT

•  Yep. Republicans don't hate sex, (1+ / 0-)
              blindyone

but Republican laws do.

Good night to you as well, and I couldn't have received my first HR from a better Kossack, blindyone :-)

On the television screen were ballerinas. -- Kurt Vonnegut