Skip to main content

View Diary: New estimate out on 2012 redistricting (42 comments)

Comment Preferences

  •  Just to parse one of your statements (1+ / 0-)
    Recommended by:

    once you have done your time in Texas (and I guess if you've finished parole), and have your "paper", you can register to vote and do so.  

    I found this out a few years ago when block-walking for Martin Frost and came across a guy who thought he couldn't vote.  I checked with the campaign lawyers, and went back and told him he could register.  

    Your point may be taken that no one at the Board of Prisons bothers to tell those who have served their time about voting.  But they can, in Texas.

    Torture is Wrong! We live near W so you don't have to. Send love.

    by tom 47 on Tue Sep 28, 2010 at 06:58:39 AM PDT

    [ Parent ]

Subscribe or Donate to support Daily Kos.

Click here for the mobile view of the site