View Diary: Senate Snapshot, September 27th: Stuck at 52 Democratic seats (103 comments)

•  Not smoking anything. High on life. (1+ / 0-)
    Angie in WA State

Unlike that idiot who said Dems will lose 112 House seats.

According to this list we're at 52 Dems senate seats.  I think we may take PA, KY, NH, WI, IL, CO and maybe MO.  That gives the Dems 59.  We don't know how things will shake up in Alaska or down in Florida.  Ohio is becoming a lost cause but I think AZ will be closer than anyone suspects.  Call me crazy but I think the Latino vote will hurt McCain.  I still think 59-61 isn't completely out of the realm of possibilities.

This is your world These are your people You can live for yourself today Or help build tomorrow for everyone -8.75, -8.00

by DisNoir36 on Mon Sep 27, 2010 at 07:42:16 PM PDT

•  No way should Ohio have been a lost cause (1+ / 0-)
      vets74

The more I think about this, the angrier I'm getting. It was neck in neck until very recently. HOW could the DSCC and the ODP let Fisher think he could just do nothing for 3-4 months after the primary? I'll tell you this: If he had held unity gatherings with Jennifer's supporters within a couple of weeks of the primary, quietly apologized for some of what went on in the primary, and proceeded to work his butt off all summer, he would be winning. He's been a ghost.

De-orangify Congress: Justin Coussoule for Oh-08 http://www.coussouleforcongress.com/

by anastasia p on Mon Sep 27, 2010 at 07:55:44 PM PDT

•  He was a flawed candidate from the start (0+ / 0-)

I knew he was going to crash and burn. Hopefully in 6 years we'll be able to run a better candidate.  At least Ohio has one good senator, a very good one at that.  What I would do to have Sherrod Brown as my Senator.  Instead I'm stuck with Lieberscum and Dodd who is selling us out to Wall Street.  Thankfully We'll have Blumenthal next year and in 2 years Lieberscum will be gone too.

by DisNoir36 on Mon Sep 27, 2010 at 08:06:29 PM PDT

•  Well, Lee didn't HAVE to crash and burn, (0+ / 0-)

but you are probably right that it was built into his DNA. As many pointed out during the primary, he found ways to lose when he drastically outspent his opponents in the governor's race and when he lost reelection to attorney general. I'm still in shock that he barely campaigned for 3-4 months after the primary. I kept hearing, "He has to raise money, he has to raise money," but you don't drop all contact with activists and voters to raise money especially these days when you can make your fundraising calls in the car on the way to events.
          Jennifer would be neck in neck with Portman right now. And despite the false narrative about her inability to raise money that was staged by behind-the-scenes manipulation, she would probably win.

by anastasia p on Mon Sep 27, 2010 at 08:17:01 PM PDT

•  Off kissing elephants ??? (0+ / 0-)

Career criminals + Angry White Males + KKK wannabes + Personality Disorder delusionals + Pro-Life Christians =EQ= The GOPer Base

by vets74 on Tue Sep 28, 2010 at 07:29:20 AM PDT

•  asdf (0+ / 0-)

I doubt the DEMS will lose anywhere near that many House seats. In fact, I think they may even squeak by and hang onto the House.

But there are going to major losses in both chambers - though the Senate will remain DEMOCRATIC (for all the good that has done this past 2 years, in general)

And the GOP seems to have peaked early (in late august) - and now that more people are paying attention, the numbers seem to be trending DEM.

But we are gong to lose Senate seats - and there is a better than 60% chance they will lose control of the HOR.

The Democratic Party. Never has so much been squandered so quickly for so little.

by GayIthacan on Mon Sep 27, 2010 at 09:52:17 PM PDT