View Diary: Rachel Maddow: Bill O'Reilly is "a race-baiting f*ck." (199 comments)

•  "Do you believe independents are racist?" (1+ / 0-)
    grada3784
    I don't believe that any specific group is any particular thing.  I try not to generalize.  I try not to stereotype. I don't prejudge people.

I know, thats a radical idea, and all that-

10.2.10 YEAHYEAHYEAH!

by RangerRalphie on Mon Oct 04, 2010 at 03:43:16 PM PDT

•  p.s. You don't believe (1+ / 0-)
      grada3784

that some indies who often vote dem self-identify (at least to a certain extent) as 'conservative'?

Trust me on this one.  Millions do.

And yes, we're courting their vote, too.  We're a big tent.

Now, please dispense with the horrendous stereotyping of large voter groups, please people.  It ain't helping.

10.2.10 YEAHYEAHYEAH!

by RangerRalphie on Mon Oct 04, 2010 at 03:46:12 PM PDT

•  Methinks you're a troll... (1+ / 0-)
        angstall

I've gone and read several of your comments.  You're just recently here, have no diaries, and your comments smack of fear of "what the other side or the moderates" will do or think if folks speak up and call a spade a spade...  you keep asking for sources for attendance estimates of the 10/2 rally "so I can go blog on other sites..." etc., etc.  Many of your comments sound disingenuous...

So, are you a troll?  Wouldn't want to "scare you away..."  We're a big tent.

Hmmmm?

Kick apart the structures - Seth

by ceebee7 on Mon Oct 04, 2010 at 05:38:58 PM PDT

•  You're the one "worried" about what people (3+ / 0-)
      mint julep, ceebee7, foufou

will think if the inherent racism that has taken hold in the Republican party is called out for what it is. These people should be held accountable - loudly - every day for their homophobia and their bigotry. Are all conservatives racist? No. But the policies of the party, their 'star' politicians, including folks who'd just as soon see an end to civil rights legislation, are racist. I have no problem calling them on it and I'm glad to see Rachel do it.

"Just because Gordon Gecko is back doesn't mean greed is good again." - Bill Maher

by angstall on Mon Oct 04, 2010 at 03:48:57 PM PDT

•  bzzt FAIL (0+ / 0-)

No one said Republicans, the quote singled out  conservatives, and you know it.  Now you're just trying to waste my time (why, I have no idea).  So I'll finish with you.

P.S. If we get shellacked in a month, it will be because of OUR vitriol driving people away from our movement.  And I will lay the blame squarely at those folks' feet.

10.2.10 YEAHYEAHYEAH!

by RangerRalphie on Mon Oct 04, 2010 at 04:01:46 PM PDT

•  We NEED vitriol at this point (1+ / 0-)
          Sharoney

Lukewarm kubaya ain't gonna bring over the independents. Seriously. As more and more of our "vitriol" turns out to be the god's honest truth (can you say astroturfing, mortgage lender fraud, the American taliban?) they will appreciate that our normally mild-mannered front has become full of VITRIOL. The Tea Party has only VAGUE discontent (unless you count racism) but lots of passion that needs fucking direction. I've heard honest to god independents say they'd not be adverse to checking out a tea party...SERIOUSLY? These are folks just waiting to get their knickers in a twist...let's give them a fucking reason...and then they will be ours. NO ONE HAS TOLD THEM THE TRUTH. Let's do it, vitriol and all.

•  Or maybe... (1+ / 0-)
          angstall

... it'll be because of folks like yourself, who live in fear and haven't the courage of their convictions.

Kick apart the structures - Seth