View Diary: I like horses, long walks on the beach, and dressing up like a Nazi SS officer (289 comments)

•  Read something from back then. (7+ / 0-)

You'll see they dashed babies brains out against brick walls in front of their mothers, laughing about it.

"Don't do vibrato. It'll come naturally when you're old and shakey." - Miles Davis (from his music teacher)

by dov12348 on Sat Oct 09, 2010 at 05:52:17 PM PDT

•  Yes, I know someone who was a Polish (7+ / 0-)

political prisoner (tho he was 1/2 Jewish) who actually witnessed exactly what you described. Those Nazi mutherphuckers actually lifted babies up by their ankles and swung their little bodies like baseball bats, slamming their heads into hard objects/walls/posts.

NOw I gotta go throw up.

"Sir, you are a very clever man, but not very wise. Everyone knows it's turtles, all the way down."

by hester on Sat Oct 09, 2010 at 06:00:13 PM PDT

•  I've read Mein Kampf and Toland and (2+ / 0-)
      dov12348, Matt Z

Shirer. I knew a concentration camp survivor. I know all about the evil. Now, if the diarist had wanted to excoriate Iott's historical revisionism and possible love of Nazis, I'll be right there with him. Unfortunately, in reacting to what the diary had to say on its face about dressing up, especially this part:

Now, do I think that everyone who's interested in World War II historical reenactment and just happens to make the conscious decision to particiapte in it by buying themselves a full Nazi SS officer outfit is actually a Nazi sympathizer? No.

, I didn't go any further and read what was in the links because I didn't want to take the time, and besides there was nothing in the diary that mentioned that there was anything in the links about other aspects of Iott's fascination with Nazis.

I, too, have had a lifelong fascination with the Nazis, because I couldn't quite see how so many people could have maintained such a relationship with evil for so long. At 61, I have done a lot more reading on it than the 3 books I have mentioned. I have also read 2 of Solzhenitsyn's Gulag series of 3 volumes (couldn't take yet another volume of evil, or I would have read the last one).

So sorry if my seemingly flippant post caused consternation. I hope this goes some distance to explain why I wrote it.

Moderation in most things. Except Reactors. IFR forever!

by billmosby on Sat Oct 09, 2010 at 06:13:14 PM PDT

•  Even if it was only the quote... (0+ / 0-)

...I'd still regard it on a par with liking to dress up as John Wayne Gacy as the clown he played at kids' parties; and then reenact his murders. Hell, there's history there too. But I really think there's got to be something seriously wrong with someone who loves to do something like that.

by dov12348 on Sat Oct 09, 2010 at 06:25:30 PM PDT

•  Scratch the Gacy analogy. (2+ / 0-)
        Matt Z, billmosby

I'd have to reconstruct it a bit to make it more accurate - or just throw it out - but I'm too tired right now. :)

by dov12348 on Sat Oct 09, 2010 at 06:31:46 PM PDT

•  Heh. (2+ / 0-)
          dov12348, Matt Z

At least we know you aren't the kind of person who can't sleep while there's still a person out there in cyberspace who's not thinking straight, lol!

Moderation in most things. Except Reactors. IFR forever!

by billmosby on Sat Oct 09, 2010 at 06:41:13 PM PDT

• Recommended (128)
  • Community (55)
  • 2016 (43)
  • Environment (38)
  • Republicans (34)
  • Elections (34)
  • Bernie Sanders (33)
  • Culture (31)
  • Hillary Clinton (26)
  • Trans-Pacific Partnership (24)
  • Labor (24)
  • Climate Change (22)
  • Education (22)
  • Barack Obama (22)
  • Media (21)
  • GOP (20)
  • Civil Rights (20)
  • Economy (19)
  • Affordable Care Act (18)
  • Texas (18)
  • Click here for the mobile view of the site