Skip to main content

View Diary: Starting out (232 comments)

Comment Preferences

  •  It depends on the trade, for instance if you are (3+ / 0-)
    Recommended by:
    elfling, Matt Z, Jimdotz

    an electrician, you can get a Union card. You do not have to work for anyone in particular, you can work for yourself. But your union card provides that you get union wages. That might be one of the rare jobs that has this.

    Unions jobs can also be Civil Service jobs. ...USPS as well as many AFSCME jobs...state, county, municipal workers, some are Civil service jobs.

Subscribe or Donate to support Daily Kos.

Click here for the mobile view of the site