View Diary: KY-Sen: Aqua Buddha victim says Jack Conway ad is legit and accurate (257 comments)

•  kos left out this part.. (0+ / 0-)

it's in the link...

However, she also said that Conway's ad went too far in depicting college pranks as something frightening, and added that the topic wasn't consequential enough to drive the Senate race.

"The tone of voice sounds more ominous than it actually was," she said, referring to the ad's narrator. "The way the person is talking, it sounds like [Paul] is some kind of evil-worshipping person who's a little bit more threatening than perhaps he really is. The ad is over the top. I'm disappointed that someone is making this into a central issue."

This whole thing is stupid.. A college prank.. and someone is trying to equate goofy quotes from a college prank to someone's faith then and now?

Personally, I don't see what all the hubbub is.. the ad is pretty tame.. although quite lame.

It makes me guess Conway knows he's in a lot more trouble than the polls say..  sounds desperate. And this ad may have been the final nail in his coffin.  Stupid.

"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - G. Marx

by Skeptical Bastard on Tue Oct 19, 2010 at 01:51:37 PM PDT

•  right on cue (6+ / 0-)

SB is so Upstatedem. Doom.

•  LOL! Had forgot about dour Upstatedem . . . (3+ / 0-)
        Uberbah, Karl Rover, keetz4

But there's always more where that came from.

•  I hope Conway wins and is the Bluest Dog ever. (1+ / 0-)
        keetz4

Just so I can point out after you whine about him ruining the world that you backed him to the point of even excusing this type of political ad that you would loathe from a GOPer.

"I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way."-Jessica Rabbbit

by Common Cents on Tue Oct 19, 2010 at 02:08:12 PM PDT

•  Solution please. Otherwise (4+ / 0-)

i agree with kos. ST**

It's a big country hoss. Not every democrat lives in a city or on the coast or have a college education. Some go to church and marry their high school sweethearts and live down the street from the house they grew up in and own guns and would rather go hunting than to a book signing.  Just because someone is a Dem doesn't mean they're as liberal as other dems. And if he is elected and is more conservative it might be because conservative dems elected him to, um, represent them, which is his sworn duty.

So. What? Because he's not wiener we shouldn't support him?

You want every Dem to be a liberal? Me too but keeping conservative dems out is not the way. Allowing the GOP back into power to finally destroy this country is nit the way.

Don't tell me what you believe. Tell me what you do and I will tell you what you believe. h/t MeteorBlades

by mdmslle on Tue Oct 19, 2010 at 02:23:32 PM PDT

•  I've been repeating your post for two years. (0+ / 0-)

During the PO debate. During the Card Check talk.

There are Democrats in certain places that have to do certain things to win. No way around it.

But it makes no sense to hate Ben Nelson and Blanche Lincoln and love Conway. None.

I've been advocating the pragamatic position forever, but only now at electoral time does the site come around.

But it makes no sense to be electorally pragmatic and become idealistic legislatively.

"I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way."-Jessica Rabbbit

by Common Cents on Tue Oct 19, 2010 at 02:35:44 PM PDT

•  Do you remember who Conway (0+ / 0-)

is running against?  Is it truly your considered opinion that it would be better for the U.S. to have Rand Paul in office?  Perhaps more entertaining in some sick ways, but really just not a good idea.

To forget one's purpose is the commonest form of stupidity. Nietzsche

by DrCoyle65 on Tue Oct 19, 2010 at 09:14:03 PM PDT

•  Spoken like a true troll (1+ / 0-)
      Skeptical Bastard

as always.

•  Why thank you! (0+ / 0-)

Coming from someone as esteemed as you (oh wait.. who the fuck are you??) I take that as a complement!

by Skeptical Bastard on Tue Oct 19, 2010 at 05:43:10 PM PDT