View Diary: Don't vote for Rick for Michigan! (31 comments)

•  HRd for lies and bullshit. nt (0+ / 0-)

"There's more coffee in the pot than there is tea in the cup" Reverend Jesse Jackson on number of teabaggers vs number of black voters

by second gen on Sun Oct 31, 2010 at 10:15:24 AM PDT

•  Oh, and for being what appears to be a (0+ / 0-)

troll, based on comments made.

by second gen on Sun Oct 31, 2010 at 10:17:50 AM PDT

•  The facts speak for themselves. (0+ / 0-)

Liberal (from Webster's Dictionary): tolerant of views differing from one's own; broad-minded

by 50sbaby on Sun Oct 31, 2010 at 11:14:09 AM PDT

•  Must be that 30% approval rating (0+ / 0-)

Employment in Michigan peaked at about 4.7 million in the summer of 2000, 2 1/2 years before Granholm took office, and has since gone steadily downward. Employment today stands at about 3.8 million. The unemployment rate, which was 6.6 percent when Granholm took office, topped 14 percent at the end of last year and now stands at 13.1 percent.

Ask her what it is now and she laughs - it's so low she has stopped worrying about it. "In the 30s," she says. "I hope it's 30. But it's low.

•  Interesting how you've turned this blog around (0+ / 0-)

by 50sbaby on Sun Oct 31, 2010 at 11:52:03 AM PDT

•  You've made it all about Granholm and ignore (0+ / 0-)

whether Snyder is the man for the job or not. Where did you get your figures from? I don't see a source cited.

by 50sbaby on Sun Oct 31, 2010 at 11:53:51 AM PDT

•  Granholm has no experience in running any kind (0+ / 0-)

of enterprise, except a government related one.  Snyder is a manager and understands what business needs to grow and thrive.

•  However, not all his business ventures succeeded. (0+ / 0-)

There is no guarantee he can make government run like a business. Like I said in my diary, everyone has to decide that for themselves. Just don't blindly go for the idea that a businessman is what is needed for a successful and healthy state.

I was orginally surprised that Daily Kos had the Snyder ad.  But my husband said he has also seen Sarah Palin ads here. That shows that Daily Kos doesn't censor itself like some blogs. Which is fair and makes for good discussion.

by 50sbaby on Sun Oct 31, 2010 at 12:23:03 PM PDT

•  I lived in Michigan from the mid 90's through (0+ / 0-)
                1. When I got transferred in 2003 I was fortunate that my company bought my home (I was the last one who got that deal), they lost a lot of money on the house.  My daughter and her husband along with many friends still live there.  My daughter recently graduated from college (U of M) and still cannot find a decent paying job.  I keep trying to talk them into moving to a better economic area with no success.  I just hope the next governor and the legislature come up with a plan to start growing the economy again.
              •  If you were paying attention, you'd (0+ / 0-)

read the FAQs which state that Kos is happy to take money from wingnuts who think it's a good idea to waste it here, where we'll all happily click on them to get advertising revenue to keep the place in business.

Doesn't mean we READ them, or BELIEVE them.

by second gen on Sun Oct 31, 2010 at 01:44:49 PM PDT