View Diary: Why I'm no longer supporting Daily Kos Updated (302 comments)

•  "take her into a room and only he comes out" (0+ / 0-)

I interpret that as "violence" toward the one who doesn't "come out".

It's only half a victory when Change & Civil Rights don't include all persons

by julifolo on Sat Nov 06, 2010 at 08:46:28 AM PDT

•  But see (3+ / 0-)
      FightTheFuture, chicating, ozarkspark

That's YOUR interpretation.

I'm a woman, and I didn't take it that way at all.

But if you parse every single word a person says, you can make up all kinds of shit about what they are "really thinking".

If I sat and talked to you in person for an entire day, I'm sure I could find ALL KINDS of stuff to misinterpret.

Unless you're perfect?  I know I'm not.

"An uprising of the reasonable is our only chance." - Keith Olbermann

by Diogenes2008 on Sat Nov 06, 2010 at 08:48:57 AM PDT

•  My interpretation (0+ / 0-)

and your interpretation. We disagree.

I don't know about a whole day of conversation, which is a digression, but I do know (another digression) that I get sick to my eyeballs that people continue to defend negative adjetives like "whore" and "pussy" as "valid" and "non-sexist". The gender is embeded in the words! Why aren't words like "nasty" or "untrustworthy" sufficient? I think phrases like "take her into a room and only he comes out" have the same sort of problems.

As I already pointed out above, I was already occassionally put off by Kieth's overly-strong sportcaster-isms, so I wasn't surprised.

It's only half a victory when Change & Civil Rights don't include all persons

by julifolo on Sat Nov 06, 2010 at 09:07:04 AM PDT

•  Why does he laugh so hard when runway (0+ / 0-)

models fall so hard on what passes for their asses?
        That is the one gender question I have about KO.
        Do you know he stuck up for the women in a sexual-harrassment suit at ESPN?
        Misogynists don't do that.

"You have three friends in your life: God, your Mama, and the Democratic Party. And I'm not so sure about your Mama." --Alan Grayson

by chicating on Sat Nov 06, 2010 at 10:58:57 AM PDT

•  Well, that's just laughing at silliness (2+ / 0-)
          elwior, Diogenes2008

when someone who thinks they're better than anyone gets their comeuppance. It's like when a politician gets hit with a whipped cream pie, or a dude gets hit in the "family jewels" with a Whiffle Ball; if someone is seriously injured, you don't laugh, but if the person gets up and it's apparent the only wounds are to their pride, then no problem with a few giggles.

"When it gets harder to love, love harder" -- Van Jones, NN10, 7/23/10

by Cali Scribe on Sat Nov 06, 2010 at 04:43:27 PM PDT

•  I suppose I miss out on (0+ / 0-)

most physical comedy, come to think of it...it's not really how my funny bone's connected.

by chicating on Sun Nov 07, 2010 at 09:52:07 AM PST