View Diary: Some days a brotha just can't buy a break... (47 comments)

•  This is interesting (1+ / 0-)
    8ackgr0und N015e

There was a diary on here earlier referencing this. Some guy by the name of David Honig, seems to have a pretty large influence over this group. Think it's time to do a little research.

I will Not give up, I will Not give in, I will Not quit!

by JupiterIslandGirl on Mon Dec 06, 2010 at 07:18:43 PM PST

•  THAT is interesting (1+ / 0-)
      JupiterIslandGirl

Apparently he is a hired gun who specializes in representing "minority, civil rights and religious national organizations in selected proceedings before the FCC."  The group he co-founded (the Minority Media and Telecommunications Council) also "operates the nation’s only full service, minority owned media and telecom brokerage."

Washington's letter smacks of "give me my cut and I'll go away", but I think the fact they put it in the Washington Post as a full page ad is symptomatic of the current environment of disappointment.

"They really don't want to 'win' the war; they just want to have one."
      -- DelicateMonster

by 8ackgr0und N015e on Mon Dec 06, 2010 at 07:24:11 PM PST

•  Or someones way (1+ / 0-)
        Nellcote

of fueling disappointment, especially if people are ready to take money to make this all go away.

I will Not give up, I will Not give in, I will Not quit!

by JupiterIslandGirl on Mon Dec 06, 2010 at 07:32:28 PM PST

•  I think the letter is transparent greenmail (2+ / 0-)
          Nellcote, JupiterIslandGirl

It will fail.  But I am surprised to see it done in this way.  I think a strategic decision was made that they can ride the wave of growing disappointment in the base and use that to distract from a clear money grab.

It's clearly cynical, but it is a first.

"They really don't want to 'win' the war; they just want to have one."
          -- DelicateMonster

by 8ackgr0und N015e on Mon Dec 06, 2010 at 07:36:48 PM PST

•  So many first (0+ / 0-)

are happening these days nothing is surprising me anymore.

Bandwagons roll, people jump. That's how it's going to be I guess.

I will Not give up, I will Not give in, I will Not quit!

by JupiterIslandGirl on Mon Dec 06, 2010 at 07:44:36 PM PST

•  Classic "tipping point" (1+ / 0-)
              Willa Rogers

I think the tax cut capitulation is going to crystallize this for people.  Everyone understands that.  When the GOP succeeds in going after Social Security, it will finish him.  No one will blame congress.  They will blame the president because the buck stops there.

It may not be fair, but that's what being CHIEF Executive means... all the blame is yours.

"They really don't want to 'win' the war; they just want to have one."
              -- DelicateMonster

by 8ackgr0und N015e on Mon Dec 06, 2010 at 07:47:15 PM PST

•  Here is the diary (0+ / 0-)

A key, unknown player in civil rights groups' attack on the open Internet

There is a lot going here that needs to be looked at before people start jumping to conclusions.

I don't see much about Honig other than a biography but he seems to be at odds with data, that doesn't support this lawsuit.

I will Not give up, I will Not give in, I will Not quit!

by JupiterIslandGirl on Mon Dec 06, 2010 at 07:29:58 PM PST