View Diary: ¡Viva WikiLeaks! SiCKO Was Not Banned in Cuba (295 comments)

•  Not that this is a biased opinion, eh? n/t (0+ / 0-)

"All people are born alike - except Republicans and Democrats" - Groucho Marx

by GrumpyOldGeek on Sat Dec 18, 2010 at 10:02:00 PM PST

•  Estás borracho o ¿qué? n/t (0+ / 1-)
      Hidden by:
      GrumpyOldGeek

For the US State Department and its allies, it is all a ruthless chess game, and every pawn matters. - Mark Weisbrot

by Anak on Sat Dec 18, 2010 at 11:16:09 PM PST

•  Haven't had a drink in 33 years. HR'ed. N/T (0+ / 0-)

"All people are born alike - except Republicans and Democrats" - Groucho Marx

by GrumpyOldGeek on Sun Dec 19, 2010 at 12:44:23 AM PST

•  Aja, así que eres un borracho (0+ / 0-)

y por eso sabes exactamente por cuantos años no has tomado una cervecita.

I figured that was basically the case. Otherwise hard to account for your drunken-like "logic."

Oh, and you're not supposed to HR someone you are in a discussion with. I was gonna forgive you for being drunk, but, now that you insist that you are not drunk, expect to hear from Meteor Blades, señorcito.

by Anak on Sun Dec 19, 2010 at 12:57:05 AM PST

•  The poster insulted you. And you can challenge... (1+ / 0-)
          GrumpyOldGeek

...that. But you can't HR it.

Don't tell me what you believe. Tell me what you do and I'll tell you what you believe.

by Meteor Blades on Sun Dec 19, 2010 at 12:34:29 PM PST

•  How is this not an ad-hominem attack? (0+ / 0-)

It helps to look through the whole pie fight to understand the context of this comment.

Later, the commenter is somehow compelled to repeat the personal ad-hominem argument in a followup response, regardless. Paraphrased, it "you're a liar and drunk no matter what you say.".

Classy.

This is a personal ad-hominem attack. It is much more than an insult, especially when I've made it evident that I have 33 years of sobriety under my belt. It is deeply personal and hurtful to me.

I asked perfectly reasonable questions. I challenged the logic. I went back and re-read the comments and the referenced article. I responded with reasonable challenges to the claims being made. So did another commenter.

I rarely toss donuts. I mostly ignore the hate and name-calling. Usually, I avoid pie fights. Assange hero-worship interests the inner gehavioral psychologist in me.

If your opinion of what I can or cannot HR is different than mine, so be it. To a non-alcoholic, it's a minor insult. To a recovered alcoholic, it's deeply personal. There's a subjective aspect here.

There's a donut that got tossed at me upthread in this diary. HR'd for right wing talking points, was the claim. This was so far off base it made me laugh, not complain. It's been a very long time since I've been the recipient of a donut. Sometimes you're just standing under a flock of birds.

"All people are born alike - except Republicans and Democrats" - Groucho Marx

by GrumpyOldGeek on Sun Dec 19, 2010 at 02:41:15 PM PST

•  The issue is not whether the comment... (1+ / 0-)
              GrumpyOldGeek

...is an insult or ad hominem. The issue is that, under long-standing rules here, you should not be HRing someone with whom you are in a dispute. You should leave it up to others.

by Meteor Blades on Sun Dec 19, 2010 at 02:46:33 PM PST

•  Grumpy (1+ / 0-)
              OIL GUY

If you look at my comment history last night, you will see that I was out for like 3 hours. It was a Saturday night and I went out with a girl for fun and a few beers.

When I got back home, I wanted to see if anyone had replied to my comments on the Wikileaks Information Thread. When I saw your comment at 2 AM, I had no idea what it meant. So, in a joking manner I thought that maybe you also went out for a few drinks--it's a common thing to do late on a Saturday night--and that that was why your comment made little sense. I wrote it in Spanish because I didn't consider my comment to be serious, i.e. if you didn't understand it, whatever, it's not important.

I am sorry if you thought I was insulting you.

by Anak on Sun Dec 19, 2010 at 10:40:25 PM PST