View Diary: Why did Congressional Black Caucus invite Scott and West? (222 comments)

•  Rangel and Waters may affect the average. nt (2+ / 0-)
    TooFolkGR, Wham Bam
    •  Rangel started a school (0+ / 0-)

And waters is the victim of a Black person manhunt which normally happens when the swamp gets drained.  You think you'll see Justice but you see just-us black people and the crimes we committed?  Starting a school and giving away scholarships, but the nice white congressmen can take millions and trips and junkets and all kinds of lovely stuff.

Oh why did that ethics panel going against Maxine dissolve?  My guess is they tried to railroad the wrong Black woman and had no case.

I am Blackwaterdog! I support Barack Obama and the Democratic Party!! Want some? Get some SUCKERS!!!

by Adept2u on Tue Dec 28, 2010 at 09:04:26 AM PST

•  Rangel didn't "start a school" (3+ / 0-)
        poxonyou, rock the ground, Wham Bam

City College wanted to establish a Center in his honor, and Rangel fundraised for it from companies appearing before the committee his chaired, using official House letterhead.  (Among other problems.)

And on Waters, the panel hasn't dissolved; the trial has been delayed.

•  Yeah the center (0+ / 0-)

It was a school you know helping the community in a city college he raised funds for that using letterhead.  Yeah just like Boehner using a cool million a year from K street to go golfing.  And oh yes the trial isn't delayed, there was no trial they don't even have charges.

by Adept2u on Tue Dec 28, 2010 at 09:10:32 AM PST

•  You have no idea what you're talking about (2+ / 0-)
            rock the ground, Wham Bam

One's legal, the other isn't.

•  Like I said earlier (0+ / 0-)

When the weighty hammer of justice falls it falls on Just us, and the crimes committed?  A center for the community, and giving away scholarships.  Regular Dillingers those guys, hey did Jack Murtha get disgraced before congress?  Charlie Rangel is a war hero too.

by Adept2u on Tue Dec 28, 2010 at 09:38:13 AM PST

•  Rangel is a war hero, absolutely. (2+ / 0-)
                poxonyou, Wham Bam

But it's irrelevant to whether he broke the law.

•  But Jack Murtha did too (0+ / 0-)

How come he's not a disgrace?  How come building a center in a school makes you public enemy number 1 because america applies the letter of the law to Black people White ones get the spirit.

by Adept2u on Tue Dec 28, 2010 at 10:06:33 AM PST

•  He didn't "build a center". Stop it. (2+ / 0-)
                    poxonyou, Wham Bam

City College named it after him, and he fundraised for it from businesses he was charged with regulating using official House stationery.  Do you not see that as corrupt?

•  What do you think the City College does (0+ / 0-)

It educates poor students you stop it and hell yes he used house stationary to raise money for a school in a city college for poor people.  I do not see that as corrupt I see it as getting something for poor people as  no one else will.  I give not a fuck he had his name on it.

by Adept2u on Tue Dec 28, 2010 at 10:16:41 AM PST

•  I know what City College does. (2+ / 0-)
                        poxonyou, Wham Bam

My dad's an alum.

And if you don't understand what's wrong with leveraging for personal benefit your power over companies that appear before your committee, well, God help you.

•  If you don't see the difference (0+ / 0-)

In what you use your leverage for god help us all.  Like I said letter of the law applied to black man for building city college.  Spirit of the law applied to white man who lines his actual pockets.  Who is in the cross hairs of the ethics committees and for what?  The same people in the cross hairs of the American criminal justice system.  The non white.

by Adept2u on Tue Dec 28, 2010 at 10:28:25 AM PST

•  Funny. (1+ / 0-)
                            Wham Bam

He didn't do it for City College (or any other school) for things not named for him, did he?

•  Who cares (0+ / 0-)

No other congress people seem to be stepping up to build city colleges could give a fuck about it's name the facility will exist after he's dead, and I'd actually like him remembered since it cost him having to stand up and get yelled at by Nancy Pelosi.  I wonder what ethical things she has up her tree and could that be why impeachment was off the table.

by Adept2u on Tue Dec 28, 2010 at 10:31:03 AM PST

•  Conspiracy-minded, perhaps? (1+ / 0-)
                            Wham Bam

Because I'm sure that if Pelosi had done anything unethical, Republicans would have ignored it for the past four years.

•  They ignored it cause they'd go to jail too (0+ / 0-)

I happen to believe Bush jumped the senior Dem leadership in on the torture gig.  I happen to think they didn't want real investigations because they were in meetings where there fingerprints are on the gun, so yeah I guess If that is conspiracy mindedness I am.

by Adept2u on Tue Dec 28, 2010 at 10:36:42 AM PST

•  Maybe torture, certainly wiretaps. (1+ / 0-)
                            Adept2u

President Obama: Free The Baculum King dailykos userid 13754

by ben masel on Tue Dec 28, 2010 at 11:07:34 AM PST

•  Personal benefit? (0+ / 0-)

Ah I get it he named it after himself that's the personal benefit.  Forget the fact a school was built and financed it's all evil because it got named Charlie Rangel.

by Adept2u on Tue Dec 28, 2010 at 10:29:40 AM PST

•  And Ensign and those are apparently getting off (4+ / 0-)

scott-free. Since Ethics panels only seem to investigate certain sorts of Congresspersons.

•  And let's not forget Conyers (0+ / 0-)