View Diary: Goodbye Cruel World (31 comments)

•  Jolly good (none)
    Then I won't have any excuse not to get my next one together.

My excuse lately has been stupid amounts of work stress. Yech.

Re. the burnout -- yes and no. You'd think it would be over and done with since it happened a while ago now. But both the bad and good do seem to linger. And as usual they're all mixed up. It's useful to know that you can sometimes stand up and say things that people really don't want to hear, even though the context in which such things are necessary is usually fairly unpleasant. Agh insomniac rambling.

I have no country to fight for; my country is the earth and I am a citizen of the world -- Eugene Debs

by dove on Wed Feb 16, 2005 at 06:21:45 PM PST

•  Insomniac, perhaps; rambling, no (none)
      I bet your fellow unionists are, in hindsight, pretty sorry they lost you. But maybe their loss was dKos' gain?

Should try and get some sleep to evict my influenza. Very much looking forward to your piece about the Mbuti, who're on the verge of extinction if that term is applicable to human beings. You know, there is really no reason to wait for my next installment!

A shame though that that American Zapatista seems to have vanished without sharing his/her knowledge on the Congo and especially, the Mbuti.

OK, good night!

Politics is the entertainment branch of industry. - Frank Zappa

by Sirocco on Wed Feb 16, 2005 at 06:36:35 PM PST

•  Fellow unionists (none)
        Don't think so -- I think they concluded I was a total stroppy bitches from hell actually -- which is fine to be honest -- and blocked me from their minds as soon as possible.

I'm realising that we seem to have lots of books in common -- how did you come to be reading Hirschman?

by dove on Thu Feb 17, 2005 at 03:05:55 PM PST

•  Pol Sci studies (none)
          - although I found it in my father's bookshelf long before that.

'Stroppy bitch from hell' - well, not my impression exactly... :-)

Politics is the entertainment branch of industry. - Frank Zappa

by Sirocco on Thu Feb 17, 2005 at 03:51:37 PM PST

•  Well (none)
            I've got stroppy in spades and I guess if one's on the receiving end of it, then the 'bitch from hell' label follows fairly easily =)

So you're a Poli Sci person? I wish I was. I sat in on a bunch of poli sci courses near the end of my degree program and fell in love with it -- alas too late. I don't think I could stand another go round with grad school.

by dove on Thu Feb 17, 2005 at 04:06:23 PM PST

•  Got a degree in that (none)
              - but working toward a PhD in Philosophy. Nothing too exciting.

I too have a stroppy side that comes out to play on occasion (but then, who doesn't?). Today I was made a moderator on another forum, so I can now ban people when in stroppy mood. A sign I'm spending way too much time online.

Politics is the entertainment branch of industry. - Frank Zappa